VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Josh Rosen's views have an Ivy League foundation

Author:
HS-DC
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:54:56 08/17/17 Thu
In reply to: Bob S 's message, "Josh Rosen's views on college football" on 23:03:41 08/08/17 Tue

Josh's mother is a Princeton graduate c/o '82 and his father was UPenn c/o '77. His mom was a STUD athlete. (I don't know anything about his dad other than he is a very well-respected orthopedist in CA.) His older sister is a world-class tennis player and was a student athlete at a very academically competitive school. He comes by his critique of BCS athletics naturally...

Those of you who take an understandably cynical view of Josh's comments must understand that he is lamenting the difficulty of being a true student and athlete in a BCS program. He would have been better suited for the Ivies where the "student" part of "student athlete" comes first, but I also understand his decision to go BCS and pursue his football dream in a media center town like LA.

I applaud him for speaking his mind.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Josh Rosen's views on college football

Author:
Unknown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:46:22 08/17/17 Thu

I'm sick of hearing from Stanford, Notre Dame, Duke, UCLA alums claiming to have higher academic standards than other FBS schools. When I met with a Stanford coach in high school, his response was, "Your SAT is the combined score of my entire offensive line." If you are a stud athlete that can pass the clearinghouse and have slightly above average grades and test scores, these schools will take you.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I take it this wasn't the Teevens years

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:24:09 08/17/17 Thu

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/HIGHER-STANDARDS-Stanford-teams-finding-it-s-2589894.php

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.