VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Thank you for your service

Author:
Uptown
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:35:52 08/17/17 Thu
In reply to: Go Green 's message, "Thank you for your service" on 13:41:23 08/17/17 Thu

I just figured with your affinity for firearms you might have wanted to test yourself, draft or no draft. It is a question I ask gun aficionados. The answer is usually one like yours My respect and gratitude to your forebears.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: not a lot

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:42 08/17/17 Thu

of people at least in college in those days really wanted to test them selves in the morass that was Vietnam in 1960's started by 1 and then micromanaged by another Democrat. Among other things they drafted the kids out of the mine and mill towns while allowing until the lottery the college kids to avoid service, heck they didn't even call up the reserves like they have done in the 2 gulf wars.

Please don't cheap shot me about my affinity for guns. I grew up them in household and on my grandfather's farm was exposed to them at a fairly early age. I took the course to refine my technique with a handgun to learn how to safely defend myself if need be. The first thing the course taught was AVOID confrontation if at all possible.
When I moved to PA after college I went hunting with all the unlucky guys that had been drafted and served in Nam. They all said I was lucky I never got called to serve over there

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: not a lot

Author:
Uptown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:00:13 08/17/17 Thu

Then of course your Nixon got elected with his "secret plan" to end the war that took 5 years. I didn't want this discussion to get out of hand. But your OP was red meat.

I'll stop now.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: wasn't my

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:43:29 08/17/17 Thu

Nixon. I was 18 when he got elected not sure if I even voted to tell you the truth. If I did it probably was for him but that is because of the influence most parents have over their kids at that age

I'll stop now as well

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.