VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Hun School ***QB Patrick Holly commits to play at Harvard

Author:
Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:49:18 08/18/17 Fri

Hun School QB Patrick Holly commits to play at Harvard

By Sean Miller seanmillertrentontimes@gmail.com
For NJ Advance Media

"PRINCETON -- Hun quarterback Patrick Holly had plenty of college offers, but unlike most defenses he faces, he could not pass on the one he most recently received.

Holly committed to play for Harvard University Friday, to join his father Robert "Bob" Holly in the Ivy League quarterback fraternity. It was the end of a long recruiting process for Holly, who now gets to continue his football and academic careers at one of the best universities in the world.

"Once I kind of figured out that top level FBS (Football Bowl Sub-Division) schools were not for me, I kind of settled in on some Ivy League schools," Holly said. "Yale, Cornell, Harvard, as well as some other FCS (Football Championship Sub-Division) schools in the Patriot League like Holy Cross and Lafayette.

"Three months ago I didn't have any offers, and then I went to a couple camps and did really well. Schools started offering me then. It started with Cornell, then Delaware, and some other schools.

"But then I went to the Harvard camp about a month ago, and I really liked it there. Ever since then, it was really the only place at which I could see myself playing. The other schools are great places, but Harvard is as good as it gets, really."

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Hun School ***QB Patrick Holly commits to play at Harvard

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:26:30 08/19/17 Sat

OK, who gets to ask the obvious incendiary question??

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Hun school

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:02:49 08/20/17 Sun

I am offended by the name of the school and I think they should be forced to change it to something less threatening. Every time I see it mentioned I feel like a micro aggression is being committed against me

[> [> [> Subject: If you feel aggressed now

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:27:47 08/20/17 Sun

Wait until they release the Kracken.

[> Subject: you do

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:17:09 08/19/17 Sat

because I am not sure what it is

[> [> Subject: actually 2 words come to mind

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:40:01 08/19/17 Sat

Brevin White?

[> [> [> Subject: Re: actually 2 words come to mind

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:04:23 08/20/17 Sun

Indeed. The absence of the word "Princeton" in a release regarding the son of a Tiger folk hero who's in school a couple miles down the road is intriguing, albeit White is the obvious logical answer.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Dartmouth secured a legacy

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:57:38 08/20/17 Sun

Per BGA, Griffin Lehman (son of Zack Lehman '95) lineman from the Hill School in PA.

Offer from Army.

His Dad was a teammate of mine and a really bright guy. The guess here is that Griffin did not require a low admissions band.

[> Subject: Re: Hun School ***QB Patrick Holly commits to play at Harvard

Author:
Tiger81
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:33:47 08/20/17 Sun

There is a bit more color in this article: http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2017/08/hun_qb_pat_holly_commits_to_pl.html

Referring to his Dad, he says:

"He just wants the best for me," Pat said. "He knows a lot about football, and the Ivy League. I was wanted at Harvard, and he just wants what is best for me. He is happy about it, and he won't have any problem putting on the Crimson H."

"I just didn't see myself going to college five minutes away, or 45 minutes away, but it wasn't really a huge thought to me how far it was. We have been to Cambridge a bunch of times, and every time I went up there, I loved it."

I can see why the presence of White would be a negative factor for him, but the lack of Princeton even being in the mix is puzzling. If he had gone to Yale that would have been quite a story line! Also interesting that a 3-star QB got his first offers only in the last few months.

In any case, it is always fun to see legacies follow in their parents' footsteps and best of luck to him at Harvard.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.