VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Any word on scrimmages?

Author:
voy vey
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:56:01 08/19/17 Sat

Have any Ivies released information regarding their outside scrimmages yet?
Presumably, Labor Day weekend is the target for such activity.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Any word on scrimmages?

Author:
Memphis Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:07:21 08/19/17 Sat

Yale going to Providence to scrimmage Brown Labor Day weekend.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Any word on scrimmages?

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:33:14 08/20/17 Sun

According to Bruce Wood's Big Green Alert Blog, Dartmouth will scrimmage Harvard on September 7th in Hanover.

Author:
Old Red
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:18:10 08/22/17 Tue

Columbia - Montclair State September1

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:10:17 08/23/17 Wed

Old Red....is Cornell having a scrimmage this year? As usual nothing on the website. I hope we have a quality scrimmage before the team takes on Delaware. In comparison check out the Dartmouth website with a full practice and scrimmage schedule. Oh well....

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11600&ATCLID=211662797

Author:
big29red
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:58:18 08/24/17 Thu

Hey Sprint: Just more of the same crap from the Cornell Athletics program. Maybe they have such an amazing outlook for the team that they want to shroud everything in supreme secrecy?
Every other program has already recruited multiple great players for the 2018 cycle, not a peep for a Cornell recruit- and by the way, this stuff gets out from the recruits and/or family. They are proud to announce their verbal commitment; we either don't have any or their not proud to announce it.
This will be Archer's last year, and then Noel should just resign. We need to start over, the entire CFA needs to get involved with this shambles of a program, raise the money and hire someone who is not in over his head. The University could care less about Athletics, trust me! The new Prez is only about inclusion, free speech and diversity. Alternatively, as I have said before, just drop the program. This is truly an embarrassment, from the stadium to the lack of funds for the players, to the weak coaching staff.

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:27 08/24/17 Thu

Big29Red........oh I get your frustration. Cornell football really misses Pete Noyes who was Mr Everything' from recruiting, operations, and alumni communications. I was one of the alums who fully supported hiring David Archer and I am still hopeful he can field a competitive team this season. Right now my focus is on the 2017 season as my season tickets are already paid and so let's see what happens. Go Big Red!

Author:
Big29Red
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:14:26 08/24/17 Thu

Sprint: Don't get me wrong- I want the best for Arch and the program; however, I have little faith in the administration doing what's needed in order to get us to the top.
We really need the recruiting to step up, and until we can provide more $$ for the player's families and better facilities, it's not going to happen. The admin needs to pay better for better quality coaches, everyone has stepped up their game, including Columbia who is killing it in the recruiting world right now.
I am a CFA member and have made countless donations to the University and the program. My two oldest sons have attended Cornell as has my wife. I want the best for the University, not only in the academic arena, but in the athletic arena as well.

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:56:31 08/24/17 Thu

Last year I traveled to 9 out of 10 games for Cornell and the highlight was our win over in-state rival Colgate. My family and friends tell me I should just give up on Cornell football and spend my money on NY Giants games. They're probably right. I was very upset when the West Stands were torn down with no plans to replace them, after many of our alums have invested a lot of money in stadium upgrades and now the facility looks worse than ever. I think it really hurts recruiting and it's just plain ugly. A losing battle I guess. Let's just hope we can win a few games this season. Go Big Red!

[> Subject: Why settle for scrimmages

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:55:42 08/25/17 Fri

when you can watch an actual finals competition?

I hear Harvard has the most highly touted recruits, although judging by the pictures, their AI compliance is questionable, plus the OOC schedule is, yet again, weak.

http://www.airguitarworldchampionships.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZZRxgwdn_c

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.