VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: New Columbia DL

Author:
The Mountain Lion
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:01:53 08/21/17 Mon
In reply to: ungvar 's message, "New Columbia DL" on 11:28:02 08/21/17 Mon

At 6'5" 250, Drake Morey has the right size to be an impact player at defensive end. And thanks to Asia for noting Ryan Young's commitment, although I cannot find any confirmation on line.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: New Columbia DL

Author:
cadyellow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:14:12 08/21/17 Mon

Jake has just posted his Columbia 2017 team assessment. A great analysis.
My biggest concern is that there appears to be a huge stake in QB Anders Hill carrying the team. I believe he has the ability to pull off a great year, but it is very precarious to have a QB who runs as many plays as he does, not to get injured (he's not that bulky a guy)--and then is seems like the house of cards tumbles completely on the season. Every team will be gunning for him and there is simply too much riding on his staying healthy, I'm afraid to say. Sorry to be a downer, unless others see a real back up QB who can take his place if need be (?)...

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Ivy Voyeur
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:44:42 08/22/17 Tue

Norries Wilson once said in his season preview that the key to a successful Ivy season is development of a backup QB.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: New Columbia DL

Author:
cadyellow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:18:22 08/22/17 Tue

To your point, Sean Bracket was a backup for MA Olawale. When Olawale went down Brackett came in as a freshman (I believe) and proceeded to be one of
Columbia's best quarterbacks over the last many years. Sean is currently a star QB in the Arena Football league

Author:
Old Lion (Matt Dame)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:48:46 08/22/17 Tue

Dame was a three star recruit at QB with legitimate D1 offers who didn't see the field as a first year. I think the concern had been that he was on the light side. I would be curious to see him this year.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.