VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Ivy Leaguers currently on NFL rosters - per BGA

Author:
Grin and Bear it
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:57:35 08/28/17 Mon
In reply to: Observer 's message, "Ivy Leaguers currently on NFL rosters - per BGA" on 11:15:52 08/25/17 Fri

Perhaps it is time for Harvard to move on to the big time. Obviously, the playing field is no longer level. For 16 years Harvard has not done less than 7-3. During that stretch they have won in excess of 80% of their games. I don't believe that any other IL team has won as much as 65%. The above information says exactly why. Simply put, they are recruiting at a different level. My guess is that many Division 1 teams do not have as many players in the pros as Harvard. For one team to have that kind of talent, simply isn't good for the league. The same, of course, is true in basketball. There will be those who say that H is raising the level of football in the league and that is a good thing. Yes, that is a good thing, but not at the cost of destroying the competitiveness of the league. Please note, I have not accused H of doing anything wrong or deceitful. I have no proof so I can not say. My guess is that with their name recognition, money, and desire to be dominant, the results follow. But I also know that for some 45 years prior to the modern era, H won their share but did not dominate and the league went along fine. Now, who knows? As for raising the standard of other teams, possible but no other team can say they are H.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Ivy Leaguers currently on NFL rosters - per Hero Sports

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:26:52 08/28/17 Mon

http://herosports.com/fcs-football/harvard-james-madison-north-dakota-state-lead-fcs-schools-most-nfl-players-byby

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: A big part of that is weak OOC scheduling

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:11 08/28/17 Mon

If Harvard played some other OOC schedules as the other Ivy teams did in that stretch, it is doubtful they would have gotten eight victories every year.

Harvard can "up" its game anytime it wants. Here's the UNH football office number -- 603-862-1852. I'm sure Coach McDonnell will take Murphy's call and be interested setting up a game with the Crimson.

[> [> [> Subject: what's

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:00:16 08/28/17 Mon

Stetson's number LOL, I guess he could just text is buddy buddy. Actually I think Murphy should strengthen his non ivy schedule with the likes of Maine Umass UNH and maybe UConn. I think they would be very competitive with most if not all

For awhile I was toying with the idea of going down for the Stetson game, but we have wedding down there in Oct so I changed my mind

[> [> [> [> Subject: It would not be fair for Harvard to play UNH again!

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:12:49 08/28/17 Mon

Harvard all-time series record vs. the University of New Hampshire:

W, 35-0
W, 39-0
W, 40-0
W, 34-0
W, 47-3
W, 41-0
W, 46-0

Now STETSON .... THERE"S a challenge!

[> [> [> [> Subject: ah

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:14:49 08/28/17 Mon

dates please Big O certainly not in the last 10 yrs when UNH has been solid

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: ah

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:32:34 08/28/17 Mon

UNH has certainly been "solid" enough to beat Dartmouth pretty regularly in the last 40 years. So "regularly" in fact that Dartmouth has now dropped them from the schedule for the next four years!

Harvard has never played Stetson.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: you still didn't give me the dates

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:11:25 08/28/17 Mon

I gave you a pat on the back and you throw a red herring into the mix. Tell me the last time Harvard beat UNH. they did play William and Mary in 1992

Live it or Live with it
or actually in this scenario

Live Free Or Die

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: 10 years?

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:14:29 08/28/17 Mon

UNH has been a quality program for a lot longer than that.

But Harvard doesn't appear to be willing to play a CAA team better than URI.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Stetson???

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:30:35 08/28/17 Mon

Oh come on now! STETSON ranks well below URI.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: They beat Brown

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:51:10 08/28/17 Mon

How bad can they be?

:)

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: They beat Brown

Author:
Observer.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:40:24 08/28/17 Mon

Currently they (Stetson) are one of the worst teams in our FCS "loser" category.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: And the last time URI/Georgetown/Lafayette Did Anything Impressive Was....

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:33:59 08/29/17 Tue

...when?

[> [> Subject: Re: Ivy Leaguers currently on NFL rosters - per BGA

Author:
Grin and Bear it (OOC Teams)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:33:04 08/28/17 Mon

If H played some high level OOC teams, it is quite likely their 16 year record would not be so glowing. But I have no doubt it would still be excellent. It is a matter of talent. H has plenty of division 1 talent. In the sub division, no other team has talent to match H. Of Course, the teams OOC will have the advantage of having played more games and practiced longer, so I am sure they would get their share of wins. But over the long haul, scheduling such opponents will only make H stronger for their conference run. Sigh. I think H is chasing Stanford, and if that is their goal, let them play Stanford.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.