VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Random Thoughts: Tattoos and Geography

Author:
An Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:22:13 08/31/17 Thu
In reply to: Diogenes 's message, "Re: Ivy Football Championship Game" on 12:15:19 08/31/17 Thu

Is George P. Schultz the only high level government official (say, Cabinet level or above) ever with an Ivy League mascot tattoo?

I once was on a first date when the topic of tattoos came up. Without thinking it through carefully, I stupidly said, "A friend and I were discussing how a tattoo ranks below a belly chain, and above an ankle bracelet, in terms of suggesting a woman with whom a man might end up in bed." My date looked at me blankly and declared without emotion, "I have a tattoo." Caught off guard and flustered, I stammered, "Uh. . .uh. . . where is it?" Whereupon she replied briskly, "It's exactly where you think it is."

In terms of the North/South divisions, without checking on a map, where do you think Cornell fits on a list of Ivy schools from North to South?

Dartmouth
Harvard
Brown
Yale
Columbia
Princeton
Penn

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Random Thoughts: Tattoos and Geography

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:17:46 08/31/17 Thu

I hope you asked her for proof.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: now that's funny

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:18:14 08/31/17 Thu

great line Cal

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:52:45 08/31/17 Thu

Could be Eastern and western divisions with the Hudson River as the dividing line. Or better yet you don't need to have two divisions at all. Just have the 1st and 2nd place teams play each other in the championship. It's usually a tie anyway. Home field advantage goes to the school with the best conference record. 2nd tiebreaker for home field advantage would be head-to -head. So last year Princeton would have hosted Penn. That game probably would have drawn over 20k. I like that better than having two divisions. Imagine two Yale-Harvard games in a row. That would be great for league attendance and national exposure.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Random Thoughts: Tattoos and Geography

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:10:34 08/31/17 Thu

I would also start the season two weeks earlier and then have a BYE week before the championsip game.

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:24:00 09/02/17 Sat

Here's an article titled "Tattooed US Politicians."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/tattooed-u-s-politicians/

Apparently, there aren't too many politicos with tattoos, so I'm going to give Shultz the nod for being highest administration figure with a League motif tattoo. Shultz himself never formally confirmed the tattoo's existence, the news came from his first wife Helena who casually affirmed the rumor when asked by reporters. She said that their kids liked to touch it, whereupon Shultz would roar like a tiger. Great humanizing story for one of the greatest of the greatest generation.

Nobody took a shot at the Cornell question? Seriously, take a guess. The baseball and softball divisions are both BDHY and CCPP, and were at one time both called "North" and "South." Is this geographically accurate?

As I think more about that dinner, it was actually not a date per se, but a professional outing. The young woman in question worked for a public relations firm which represented a client whose financial performance was very important to me and my company. I took her to the Union Square Cafe back when it was the new hot thing in NY. She was one of these hard-charging women that you can only find in Manhattan, like a Samantha Jones come to life. We dated for about eight months. Every time we went out, I would meet her at her office and surreptitiously search through the documents on her desk looking for nonpublic information. Ah, crazy times when we were young, eh?

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:25:13 09/02/17 Sat

Here's an article titled "Tattooed US Politicians."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/tattooed-u-s-politicians/

Apparently, there aren't too many politicos with tattoos, so I'm going to give Shultz the nod for being highest administration figure with a League motif tattoo. Shultz himself never formally confirmed the tattoo's existence, the news came from his first wife Helena who casually affirmed the rumor when asked by reporters. She said that their kids liked to touch it, whereupon Shultz would roar like a tiger. Great humanizing story for one of the greatest of the greatest generation.

Nobody took a shot at the Cornell question? Seriously, take a guess. The baseball and softball divisions are both BDHY and CCPP, and were at one time both called "North" and "South." Is this geographically accurate?

As I think more about that dinner, it was actually not a date per se, but a professional meeting. The young woman in question worked for a public relations firm which represented a client whose financial performance was very important to me and my company. I took her to the Union Square Cafe back when it was the new hot thing in NY. She was one of these hard-charging women that you can only find in Manhattan, like a Samantha Jones come to life. We dated for about eight months. Every time we went out, I would meet her at her office and surreptitiously search through the documents on her desk looking for nonpublic information. Ah, crazy times when we were young, eh?

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: So

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:44:29 09/02/17 Sat

You did.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: So Where Was It?

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:02:47 09/02/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: So Where Was It?

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:36:45 09/04/17 Mon

Here are two answers:

Although BDHY is nominally called the North division, Cornell is actually further north than New Haven.

Wait a minute, Cornell is also further north than Providence.

Hold on! Here's the shocker! In addition, Cornell is also slightly further north than Cambridge. Amazing, right? Dartmouth and Cornell are the two most northern Ivy League schools.

According to his wife, George Shultz's tiger tattoo was on his lower left cheek. My public relations exec had hers on the opposite side. After our business dinner, I was dropping her off at her apartment before the taxi headed back to my hotel. I was expecting a chaste handshake when she disoriented my expectations by suddenly paying the cab fare. I was totally confused by her move, thinking to myself, "What's going on here?!" before composing myself to get out of the taxi.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: So Where Was It?

Author:
Diogenes (An Observer)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:08:22 09/04/17 Mon

A Schultzian placement, no doubt fully appreciated. Life's pleasant surprises are always the best.

Thanks for the info on Cornell's northerly position. I always assumed that Ithaca was south of Boston. Maybe we're looking at the "Ed Marinaro Division".

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.