VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Are You Kidding Me???

Author:
Football Fanatic
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:30:18 09/06/17 Wed

Those of you who are asking that another game or games be added to the schedule either did not play IVY footballl in the past 5 years or are natural savants.

Coaches no longer adhere to the 20 hour a week NCAA limit on required football activities. A least League member institution requires players to do something football related (meal, training/conditioning, film, position meetings, walk through or full practice) from 7 30 am until 8 pm (after dining halls close) t-f with 4 hours a day "allowed" for classes. Then homework and bed...Repeat.

Saturday schedule is from 7 am until 6 pm and Sunday runs from 7 30 until 5 30. This excludes travel to away games. That is between 35-40 hours a week required for football and lasts for 3 months. This routine leaves very little time for study, sleep, worship or normal college socializing with non football students.

This is not Power 5 football with low academic standards, special tutorial support and financial scholarships, its IVY League where the STUDENT is supposed to come first...and you want them to give more time for your own amusement?

If you really want the extra game(s) added, first require the coaches to adhere to the 20 hour a week limit.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Are You Kidding Me???

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:08:08 09/07/17 Thu

Football Fanatic......I hear you and agree AD's have a responsibility to make sure NCAA and Ivy practice rules are adhered to. With that being said with all those hours spent practicing is it really improving Ivy League football compared to 30 plus years ago? NO!!! Today Ivy teams are playing terrible OOC schedules and the fans have spoken with their feet. I am sick of watching Ivy League football with maybe two to three thousand fans in 20K plus seat stadiums. Now we're playing Sacred Heart, Marist, CCSU, Monmouth, etc. Quite honestly I would much rather watch Ithaca College vs. Cortland State.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Are You Kidding Me???

Author:
Memphis Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:25:58 09/07/17 Thu

Sprint 66: All we need to do is have more Ivy teams schedule top tier Patriot teams like Lehigh, Colgate and Holy Cross, with some Cal Polys,,Army's and San Diegos appearing in our stadiums. Dartmouth, Penn and Yale can do this, why not everyone else? How come Harvard is addicted to diet of early season cupcakes?

[> Subject: Re: Are You Kidding Me???

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:28:02 09/08/17 Fri

Harvard is Harvard and they don't want to risk a tough OOC team like UNH. This year Cornell is playing both Delaware and Colgate which are very tough games. Not sure how we'll do but they are quality opponents even if we get thumped.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.