VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: IIRC

Author:
AsiaSunset
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:52:13 09/13/17 Wed
In reply to: Go Green 's message, "IIRC" on 10:31:27 09/13/17 Wed

Not sure what happened but I know it wasn't that. We played both Duquesne and Lehigh in 2003, the year we first added Duquesne.

There was something that happened between the two schools though that ultimately disrupted the Penn/Lehigh rivalry. I'm still not sure what happened, but it was the one OCC game we played that actually drew a crowd.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: IIRC

Author:
foehi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:40:48 09/13/17 Wed

there were some pretty bad beat down in those years and that may have been a factor.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: IIRC

Author:
AsiaSunset
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:40:58 09/14/17 Thu

Not that it matters but what I heard (not what I know for sure) is that we had a hole in our schedule caused by Villanova which was caused because Nova was caught up in the midst of that ever shifting landscape that revolved around redefining a Big East Football Conference.

Bagnoli and Talley are very close friends and the series was ultimately restored when Nova's scheduling priorities readjusted.

In terms of Lehigh it was something else which I'm really not aware of. Perhaps it had to do with Andy Coen being hired away by Lehigh but I really don't know. The Penn/Lehigh game was a big draw relatively speaking and I'm glad they are back on the schedule.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.