VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Evan Boudreau leaving Dartmouth

Author:
YAGreen
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:49:28 11/10/17 Fri

Will sit out this season, graduate early and be a grad transfer. Ouch.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Evan Boudreau leaving Dartmouth

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:07:51 11/10/17 Fri

A good man and a terrific player. Stanford, Northwestern or Wisconsin would be happy to have him.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Evan Boudreau leaving Dartmouth

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:59:43 11/10/17 Fri

As an outsider, and without knowing specifics, it's disappointing to see a player of this caliber leave the League early. I imagine it was not an easy decision given the family history, but his interests outweigh those of fans.

On a positive note, GG may be sweating the greater likelihood of Dartmouth not finishing 4th and the consequences of having to settle his bet.

Author:
Don Sormwiater
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:53:10 11/11/17 Sat

This is terrible news for the program. Evan has been the face of the program and I’m sure this was a very difficult decision give his deep family connections to Dartmouth, I’ve always been impressed by how well he represented Dartmouth even when we all wondered what was going on with the decisions and coaching especially last year when it was clear the coaches didn’t know how to get the team to work together, play defense and react to different scenarios. Going winless for 9 games was a huge step backwards. This year we also lost a freshman comit before the school year started. I would bet the discussion has been going on for awhile with Evan and the coaches so I doubt he made a last minute decision. They probably held the information as not to tip off scouting. Regardless it’s a big loss and the coaches should be held accountable along with the athletic diirector. If the program is going in the right direction you don’t lose kids like this in your program. I’m glad he’s graduating and should be applauded for getting through Dartmouth in 3 years. Will be interesting to see where he lands next.

Author:
A Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:54:46 11/10/17 Fri

Frustrating to say the least. Much more reflective of the coaching staff and direction of the program than of the player. Decisions by staff have been so questionable and confusing that he had no reason to think winning was not important. I am sure he had no desire to spend year 3 and 4 under this leadership. The Fall off season workouts and practice had to make him think those same questionable decisions were going to be made again. He wants to win or at least think that is the goal of the program.

Author:
A Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:05:57 11/10/17 Fri

Original post meant to say "he had every reason to think winning was not important"......

Author:
A Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:15:18 11/10/17 Fri

And in looking at the teams web site, there is no information about their game tomorrow? The latest news on the site is related to the hiring of a new assistant coach who replaced a coach who apparently left the team just recently as well.....

[> Subject: *Boudreaux

Author:
YAGreen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:20:09 11/10/17 Fri

On the plus side, congrats to his mom, an Ivy hoops great, for being named CEO of Anthem.

[> [> Subject: Re: *Boudreaux

Author:
Greenhorn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:55:15 11/10/17 Fri

A WEEK AGO he gave an interview to the school paper talking up the team's chances this year.

http://www.thedartmouth.com/article/2017/10/basketball-teams-set-their-sights-on-the-ivy-league-tournament

“First and foremost, we want to make the Ivy League Tournament,” forward Evan Boudreaux ’19 said. “There’s no reason we can’t do it. To be the first team in [Dartmouth men’s basketball] history to go to the [NCAA] tournament since 1959 is doable, especially with the new [Ivy League] tournament.”

Then he announces he's quitting the day before the season starts? Was the goal to inflict as much harm on the program as possible? What kind of "quality kid"/teammate does that?

[> [> [> Subject: Re: *Boudreaux

Author:
Another Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:10:45 11/11/17 Sat

Greenhorn, you obviously don't know Evan or what goes on behind the scenes. This kid works daily year round on his game, hours a day. Usually alone....He is driven to win and get to the tournament. I have never met a more quality kid in my life. I won't presume to speak for him. I will say that whatever school gets him will get a hardworking, selfless teammate whose only care is winning. Trust me, he will have his choice of top level schools to choose from. As far as Dartmouth Basketball goes? You reap what you sow...

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: *Boudreaux

Author:
Greenhorn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:28:23 11/11/17 Sat

If you know what goes on behind the scenes, explain why he made those comments to the paper, and why he announced he was leaving only the day before the season started.

If he doesn't want to be there, or his driven to get to the tournament, obviously he shouldn't stay. But there are other kids who chose Dartmouth in part because he did. Those kids, and the program will be lost without him.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: *Boudreaux

Author:
Another fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:52:47 11/11/17 Sat

Again, I can't speak for him but what is his choice when asked questions by a reporter? How should he have answered differently that would be taking the high road?

[> Subject: wow

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:35:55 11/11/17 Sat

that sux, nice going kid just drop a bomb on the team day before the season starts. How to win friends and influence people

[> [> Subject: "Gutsy move, Mav."

Author:
Diogenes (Holtsledge)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:45:39 11/11/17 Sat

Sticking around to graduate in 3 years takes a lot of intestinal fortitude. This is going to be a tough year for Mr. Boudreaux--and he knows it.

Boudreaux was an unselfish class act on the court and, I assume, off the court as well.

What went on "under the sheets" with the team and the coaching staff will eventually come out-- accompanied by the inevitable spin.

Dartmouth needs to clean house at various levels. The Department of Athletics and Recreation is but one of those levels.

[> [> Subject: perhaps you're right

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:23:03 11/11/17 Sat

my initial post was just gut reaction, indeed it will be a tough year for him. I doubt whether it will be that hard to concentrate on just his studies because he probably wants to find the deepest darkest hideout in the library to avoid running into his jilted teammates.

Initially wasn't he being pursued by Duke?

Next coach to feel Dirty Harry's wrath will be Gaudet

[> [> [> Subject: Re: perhaps you're right

Author:
Diogenes (Holtsledge)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:33:26 11/11/17 Sat

Not sure about his recruiting offers. However, he'll now have the "pick of the litter". Would bet on the Big Ten (Northwestern, Wisconsin or Michigan) or the PAC-12 (Stanford). He grew up in Lake Forest, Illinois. Northwestern is on the upswing and he could put them over the top.

Gaudet is a Dartmouth guy, a respected member of the Hanover community and a very good coach whose wife and children all went to Dartmouth. The program is solid and the players are good people. His teams are competitive at the highest Ivy and national levels. The rap on him, and his teams, is that they don't win championships and enough big games...a fair criticism. There aren't many hockey coaches who could successfully replace and outdo Gaudet. Because he's been there for roughly 20 years and is in his early sixties, my uninformed guess is that Dartmouth, with Gaudet's blessing and assistance, is quietly searching for the right replacement.

[> [> [> [> Subject: btw

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:50:42 11/12/17 Sun

the team needs to reshoot the roster pic, his presence in it looms large

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Team Photo Gone

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:17:16 11/29/17 Wed

You can go directly to players' profiles.

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11600&SPID=4703&SPSID=48793&DB_OEM_ID=11600

Maybe they re-shoot photo later...

[> [> Subject: Re: wow

Author:
UpUpBG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:55 11/12/17 Sun

Captains were chosen and he was not one of them. So he quit.

[> [> [> Subject: Fake News?

Author:
Diogenes (UpUpBG)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:23:47 11/12/17 Sun

How do you know that is what happened?

[> Subject: Some good news for Dartmouth

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:12:39 11/12/17 Sun

The women are finally starting to show some fight under Koclanes. 2-0 with double-digit victories over Vermont and BC.

From what I can tell, everyone likes Koclanes. But she's got to be on the hot seat...

[> [> Subject: Re: Some good news for Dartmouth

Author:
Diogenes (Go Green)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:36:12 11/12/17 Sun

That is indeed good news. Hope the good play continues.

Do you know anything regarding what UpUpBG is peddling?

[> [> [> Subject: Not a thing

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:08:21 11/12/17 Sun

Like everyone else, I'm flabbergasted by the news about Bourdreaux. I have no idea what went down.

I suspect we will hear more about the situation in the future...

[> [> Subject: Should also add

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:30:33 11/13/17 Mon

Should also mention that the Dartmouth women beating BC is the first Dartmouth hoops victory over a team from a power conference that I can remember.

The men beat Loyola Marymount sometime in the mid or late 1990s. But if we've beaten a "name" opponent outside of our own conference, I'm not recalling it.

[> [> Subject: Some more good news for Dartmouth

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:12:56 12/12/17 Tue

The women get their second victory over a Power Conference, beating Colorado on the road last night.

The BC victory has lost its luster, as it appears that BC just isn't that good. But Colorado seems pretty decent.

Should be interesting to see how we do against Ohio State on Friday...

Author:
GreenIvy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:21:07 11/12/17 Sun

Someone that was two year starter and decided to transfer to another div 1 school, I did it after the season and it was the toughest decision I ever made. I can't imagine doing it a day before the season and sticking around on campus to graduate. Either the kid has ice in his veins and has no feelings for his fellow brothers or he's totally unattached to the team and is happy to be rid of them. Either way his former teammates can't be happy and Dartmouth has a small campus. So nowhere to hide.

Author:
Ivy loyalist
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:58:21 11/12/17 Sun

Not sure why Boudreaux decided to leave but the program is going nowhere fast and I’m sure he had a good reason. Everyone who has met him that I know says he’s a really good kid. Let’s face it Dartmouth was picked 7 th in the pre season poll and lost to an awful team on Friday ranked even well below Dartmouth. Same questionable coaching and questionable playmaking by our veteran players. I heard from a friend who coaches that to keep his eligibility Boudreaux had to leave and not play in a game this year. My view is he played his heart out the past two years and this isn’t a program making any progress. I don’t blame him for wanting to play at a higher level and that’s not going to happen at Dartmouth with this coaching staff. If he can graduate in three years that’s impressive. Given his family connection to the college it couldn’t have been easy and I put this on the coaches. You can tell they don’t have a clue what they are doing on the sidelines. I for one want to stop hearing about their process and see some wins which are few and far between. I was at the game Friday and was distressed that little has changed from the coaches first year. Would have thought he’d learned something

Author:
IvySportsJunkie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:56:06 11/13/17 Mon

I do empathize with the disappointment of losing a superstar player from one's Ivy team. That said, I disagree that Evan will be generally given the cold shoulder on campus.

One of the greatest joys of being an Ivy League student-athlete is the respect that fellow student athletes and the student body treat each other. It is a humbling experience to be surrounded by so many talented students in so many different areas. Likewise, it is not uncommon for athletes to quit their teams for a variety of reasons knowing it will have no bearing on their financial aid status. In every case, their fellow students and fellow student athletes treat them with respect. Everyone knows that we are all non-scholarship athletes who play for their teams for the love of the game. Every year, there are dozens of Ivy athletes who quit their teams to focus on their academics or to pursue another extracurricular interest. While Evan is an amazing athlete, his decision to leave his team is not that unusual (other than his All-Ivy status and decision to graduate early to transfer).

Those of us who over the years have conducted hundreds of admissions interviews with amazing students and have closely followed their progress during their college years have seen how it is common for many of them to make a significant pivot in their primary interests after they settle into to their Ivy campus. Evan's fellow Dartmouth students and teammates may tease him at times about his decision, but they will always treat him with the same respect as they do to the other athletes who elect to also leave their teams.

This is another reason why so many of the Ivy student athlete alums fondly look back on their experiences and prefer that the Ivy League keep its unique student athlete model from changing too much.

Author:
GreenIvy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:01:36 11/13/17 Mon

I respect his decision to leave, but not his timing on when he announced it. In the local paper, the father of his former roommate didn't know he left the team until he saw that he was missing during warmups! So it doesn't look like he let the team know of his intentions earlier, and I feel for those players on Dartmouth. They practice all off-season with him, and he drops the bomb on the season like this? Ivy league or no Ivy league, this was handled poorly. Also surprised with the head coach's remarks that he simply wished him luck and wasn't planning to coach anyone that's not interested in the process. Maybe the coach was the only one not surprised.

Author:
Ivy Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:12:50 11/14/17 Tue

The post from UpUpBG is the only factually accurate one in this thread. Evan's departure will ultimately prove to be addition by subtraction as McLaughlin builds a stronger team culture and eventually a winning program. Posters claiming to know "what goes on behind the scenes" are woefully ignorant on this topic, and the speculation about interest from Stanford, Northwestern, or Wisconsin is totally absurd.

[> [> Subject: I'm not saying he's right, but...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:30:50 11/15/17 Wed

His theory *is* consistent with what is known of the timing of events.

But again, looking forward to hearing more about the story at some point.

Author:
Green For Ever
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:54:26 11/15/17 Wed

Ivy fan sounds like you have some inside info? How do you know what is factually correct unless you were there or a coach told you. I’ve heard from a source inside the athletic department that there are a lot of big time programs interested in Boudreaux because they apparently have to call and find out if they can talk to him. Don’t know the process here but there is some NCAA requirements. Have you heard differently? My contact says they are getting a ton of calls so I don’t think you have your facts right on that one.

Author:
AnotherFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:12:04 11/29/17 Wed

Ivy Fan - I didn't have proof before but your comment about upper tier schools contacting Evan being absurd sounded like you had a personal reason not to believe in the kid. Are you a coach or player for the team?
Anyway, its official: https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN
On top of that my sources in the administration office have said many many other top tier schools have requested permission. I think maybe other schools will appreciate a kid who works hard, takes care of business and averages 17+ and 9+ a game.....

Author:
loldartmouth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:44:07 12/11/17 Mon

Just wanted to revisit this scorching hot take since the kid ended up committing to #13 Xavier today. Sad to lose his talent, but happy I don't have to see him beat up on Penn this year.

Author:
Ivy loyalist
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:38:27 11/15/17 Wed

What’s absurd about this post is your comment addition by subtraction. We need to win and gain some respect in the Ivy League by being competitive. We are not getting better and were even losing to a D3 team at the beginning of Tuesday’s game. We won by a large margin thank goodness but we didn’t show much that provides promise for the next few games. Don’t know what happened with Boudreaux but you lose a star player who is a good kid and you say the coach is doing a good job and that’s good for our program. That’s absurd. The coaches comment about not convincing him to stay is equally absurd or he doesn’t care about winning. I’m concerned that recruits see this and say why would I go there. The record is poor, the program is regressing and players are leaving the team. Boudreaux this year, stakellunas and carter from last year and one of our freshman recruits. Whatever the coach is doing it isn’t translating Into wins which is the ultimate measure.

Author:
Yale Faithful
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:45:41 11/16/17 Thu

Players voted captains and Boudreau was not voted as one. Not sure if that was the only reason or not but that's what tipped the scales. When the players vote and their best player is not voted captain, usually it speaks to something.

[> [> Subject: Hear, Hear

Author:
Diogenes (George)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:37:08 11/16/17 Thu

Author:
Pearlm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:37:50 11/16/17 Thu

Widely know by the players throughout the Ivy League that Boudreau was the black sheep on his team with his team mates. Three different players didn't talk to him for an entire season. These boards are funny....fine young man blah blah blah. A very good player but team chemistry critical. Ultimately they can build better without him despite short term set back.

Author:
George
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:06:37 11/16/17 Thu

All those perpetuating the oversimplified "he upped and left because he didn't get named captain" explanation should stop. I trust these leaks are not meant to hurt Evan or intended to spread beyond the halls of Alumni Gym, but I'm hearing this in multiple places now and it's not fair to the kid or helping anyone move forward.

I am sure Evan was disappointed in not being named captain (especially as that honor and title seems in line with, if not essential to, successfully fulfilling his anchor role of leading this program to the Ivy tourney) but there is obviously more to why he left than that.

Evan will learn and grow from this, and I wish him well. I expect that our coaches and athletic dept people working with Evan (a kid who they had to know was more scrutinized, and a kid who was perhaps more proud and sensitive, due to being in the spotlight AS THE FACE OF DARTMOUTH BASKETBALL) will also learn and grow from this.

I expect big things from Evan at whatever program is lucky enough to pick him up. Meanwhile, I hope that the team he left behind privately and tactfully uses his departure as motivation to work harder, to come together like never before, and to far exceed what I expect will be lower expectations this year without their superstar.

Whatever went on behind the scenes, I am peeved it wasn't rectified. We have lost a ONCE IN A GENERATION PLAYER for Dartmouth who could've, would've, should've brought us to the top tier of Ivy League basketball, to post-season tourneys, and maybe even to the NCAA tourney for the first time in 60 years. Now the best we can hope for is a step toward recovery from last year's crash, and a return to the incremental growth we had finally begun to "enjoy" in recent years.

[> [> Subject: I said "Hear, Hear" to George, not Yale Faithful

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:00:31 11/16/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: The rest of us wish him well, too

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:10:33 11/16/17 Thu

Who exactly is wishing him ill? I'm sure everyone is appreciative of his giving it everything he's got for two seasons and that everyone hopes he looks back on his Dartmouth days fondly.

That being said, we'd like to know what happened. Best I can tell, there are three possibilities being floated:

1) He quit because of spite.

2) He intended to leave the team after maximizing workout time to ensure that he would have minimal rust for whatever Power 5 team he suits up for next season.

3) He was genuinely unsure of what he would do until the day before the season opener.

If you insist #1 is incorrect, ok fine. But in my humble opinion, the other two options don't make him look much better.

The team wasn't able to overcome Mitola's premature departure and Cormier paid the price for it. While I'd be delighted if McLaughlin finds a way to make things work, I'm not expecting us to be competitive in the league anytime soon....

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:04:29 11/16/17 Thu

Two words: Spencer Glover.

[> [> Subject: Just curious

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:02:39 11/16/17 Thu

who is Spencer Glover?

Time to move forward and end this thread, he's not playing for whatever reason. I don't really care at this point. The season has started and we have to go forward with players still on the team.

so in the immortal words of Snead Hearn "Live it or Live with it"

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:39:53 11/16/17 Thu

Pardon the typo: Spencer Gloger. If you have to ask about this Princeton trainwreck from the early days of the century, you're better off not knowing..... Really, trust me.

Author:
IvySportsJunkie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:04:06 11/16/17 Thu

While my sources have provided only positive feedback on Evan's character, I am in no position to accurately attest to what truly happened.

That said, I find it inappropriate for people to use this message board to try to bury Evan's character and athletic skills. It does not help Dartmouth's sports program to make unsubstantiated claims against a former superstar player whose mother is a legendary Hall of Famer, Trustee and provider of most generous $2 million gift to the Big Green basketball program. Both Evan and his brother Chris '15 will be Dartmouth graduates (Chris was a recruited football player).

Time will tell as more details eventually surface what we the real reasons behind this sudden turn of events. Let's tone down our speculations and let the investigative news reporters and bloggers do their jobs.

Author:
pearlm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:07:09 11/16/17 Thu

No one is burying his character. He could be a high character guy but it doesn't change the fact that he was unpopular on the team. There are many examples of high character and successful individuals in the world that are not particularly liked. Just pointing out that it's hard for teams to fight through that level of dysfunction despite his talent. Is what it is. Also makes no sense to blame the coach.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Evan Boudreau leaving Dartmouth

Author:
LolDartmouth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:18:18 11/17/17 Fri

Isn’t burying his character exactly what you did in your last post? I mean Jesus- the kid roomed with a teammate for most of his time at Dartmouth and was frequently with the team. We can speculate all we want in regards to his reasons for leaving but it’s probably best to not just make things up.

Author:
Hoops alum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:01:39 11/16/17 Thu

I agree with the posters that this thread is based on too much speculatiion and I for one am glad we had Evan for two years and am highly disappointed we lost him for his final two. Popularity on a team doesn’t make a team better and given how much we lose certainly doesn’t translate to winning especially last year. We need to raise the bar on this program. Last year the valley news was accurate in saying guys just did t show up and they were especially hard on Miles Wright who had so much promise but disappeared the last two years especially on defense. He’s a captain. Ok but now elevate what you do as last year was incredibly disappointing. We went from a tough coach to a too nice coach in my mind. We lost an excellent player and one of the best in the league. Team chemistry is important but not if you can’t win. Ultimately McLaughlin will be judged by his record. That he couldn’t keep one of the best players in the program is on him. He is repay so let for the program and I hope he can do more than talk about improvement but show it. I for one am very worried that any top talent recruit will not come here and bet we are a program that sets expectations to make the tournament not being a “nice guy” that accepts being at the bottom of the league. i want to be wrong but I️ haven’t seen it yet with this coach and I’m a loyal fans

[> [> Subject: Thread is closed

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:00:01 11/17/17 Fri

nothing more can come of it

Focus on the games tmrow

Can the Little Sicilian with a little help from Harvard, tie for the title, what about Dartmouth

more importantly what is Bruce Wood going to do for the next 9 months other than organize the Upper Valley's premier paint brush collection. I haven't seen it but apparently it is very impressive

Author:
Green Machine
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:01:15 12/11/17 Mon

Just saw the tweet that Boudreaux committed to Xavier. I heard he had a lot of big school interest. He will do well in the Big East on a team that is highly ranked with an excellent coach. Looks like he made the right decision for his future. Good luck Evan, many of us alums will be rooting for your success.

Author:
Another Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:19:12 12/11/17 Mon

Agreed - congrats to Evan. Heard he had his choice of top 25 school. Hope this works out for him.

[> [> Subject: Re: Evan Boudreau leaving Dartmouth The New Normal? Ivy Stars Transferring Out

Author:
Travis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:42:46 12/11/17 Mon

I wonder if this will become the new normal, or at least *a* new normal in Ivy sports, especially men's basketball.

The Ivies get many of our best athletes, especially male athletes, when they something happens to them in their junior or senior years -- say, an injury -- and the high major programs get scared off. That's just one scenario of course but it's an example of how excellent athletes fall into our lap when we otherwise might not expect to land them.

How many of them will live up to their original potential and then realize that they are playing in a conference or program which is "beneath" them, especially if they have a realistic shot at a pro career?

Will more guys simply take off their senior years at an Ivy, get their valuable degree on schedule and then finish one (or two) final years of eligibility at a high major? It's like our downscale version of "one and done." In the Ivies, it might be "two on, two off, then done elsewhere."

Author:
Old Lion (Xavier?)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:20:03 12/11/17 Mon

Looks like that's where he's headed; picked up the story in an Ohio paper while reading about a new Columbia LB.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Evan Boudreau leaving Dartmouth

Author:
Princeton Faithful
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:42:42 12/11/17 Mon

Sorry to lose Boudreaux from the league but good for him. The ivies should be proud we can have our stars land on top teams. Xavier is ranked 10 th in the country right now so that’s a big move up from Dartmouth. I always liked watching him play and it looks like he will now be on a team where he can do well with other talent. Good luck to him.

Author:
Diogenes (Princeton Faithful)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:49:17 12/11/17 Mon

Couldn't have said it any better. Best wishes and good luck to him.

[> Subject: Evan Boudreau moving on to a top 10 ranked program

Author:
IvySportsJunkie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:37:25 12/12/17 Tue

While I am sorry to see Evan leave the Ivy League, it is impressive that he is joining a top 10 ranked program in the prestigious Big East Conference. He will be playing for Chris Mack, who is one of the nation's top coaches. I watched Xavier's impressive upset of a very powerful University of Arizona team with three first round NBA players (Markkanen, Trier, and Alkins) in the NCAA tourney last year.

Evan could be a perfect fit to replace Xavier's current very versatile senior wing player J.P Macura, who is their second leading scorer and third leading rebounder. Coach Mack likes to recruit versatile players who can play multiple positions. It will be fun to see how Evan matches up at this elite level. Congratulations and best of luck to him.

[> Subject: Sad Commentary

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:21:06 12/13/17 Wed

Interesting how purported Dartmouth fans are tripping over each other to congratulate Boudreaux for leaving early and joining Xavier, but haven't said a word of recognition for the Dartmouth women after getting what might be the biggest win in program history.

I'm not sure what can explain the discrepancy, but it's a sad commentary.

[> [> Subject: Re: Sad Commentary

Author:
AnotherFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:26:58 12/13/17 Wed

Maybe because this thread is about Evan Boudreaux leaving Dartmouth?

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Sad Commentary

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:58:06 12/13/17 Wed

He's just worried about the implications to his promise to stop posting for a month if Dartmouth fails to finish at least 4th in the League.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Even assuming I said that...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:06:19 12/13/17 Wed

I'm sure that I included an "assuming we're at full strength" caveat, as I've been doing since the 2012 football season.

Indeed, had Bourdreax suited up for us, it seems a given that Dartmouth would qualify for the tourney.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Even assuming I said that...

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:32:39 12/13/17 Wed

You're channeling Trump again.

[> [> [> Subject: I said it in the thread

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:07:40 12/13/17 Wed

See above.

And nothing stopping those people congratulating Bourdreax from starting another thread giving the women a shout-out.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.