VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Yale Basketball

Author:
John Harvard
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:35:33 11/11/17 Sat
In reply to: Son of Eli 's message, "Yale Basketball" on 07:56:09 11/10/17 Fri

These injuries are really really disappointing news for all Ivy basketball fans. Despite the fact prognostication that Mason could be back for the Ivy season (I read that somewhere), this is exact situation that sidelined Alex Rosenberg for the entire year and was re-broken by Kenyatta Smith. With Mason headed off to big college BB next year at Baylor with hopes of re-entering the draft, I wouldn't expect him to risk things.

Coupled with the Boudreaux news, League just dropped a peg.

I had feared something was up with Mason when I saw Mike Smith's simulations on his twitter feed earlier this week. Shame about Bruner's injury - twice in two years.

Well Columbia looked good yesterday while Harvard did not. Musings on Princeton Board that strange starting lineup could mean injury(ies) in Tiger land. Buckle your seatbelts, may be crazy both for Regular Season Title as well as Tournament qualifying. All settling in for the Palestra itself - and by that I mean home court advantage - to impact things this year. Of course, that would likely eliminate it as the site of the tournament in the future.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Yale Basketball

Author:
mrjames
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:20:00 11/11/17 Sat

And re-broken by Kyle Casey. If he returns, he’s likely taking a pretty sizeable risk...

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale Basketball

Author:
John Harvard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:31:51 11/11/17 Sat

Is that right? How did Kyle break Yatta's foot. I just assumed it didn't hold up.

Saw Kenyatta walking form the Quad that year, assumed that the housing lottery played a role as well.

[> [> Subject: Re: Yale Basketball

Author:
TC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:03:34 12/05/17 Tue

I've always wondered whether elite basketball players are more prone to injuries simply because a person who is six and a half feet tall is by definition a biological freak. These guys are not "normal" and their ligaments, bones and other "parts" are under considerable strain just by virtue of their elongated bodies. Add in running up and down a hard wooden court their entire lives and things break.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.