VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Evan Boudreau leaving Dartmouth

Author:
George
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:06:37 11/16/17 Thu
In reply to: YAGreen 's message, "Evan Boudreau leaving Dartmouth" on 15:49:28 11/10/17 Fri

All those perpetuating the oversimplified "he upped and left because he didn't get named captain" explanation should stop. I trust these leaks are not meant to hurt Evan or intended to spread beyond the halls of Alumni Gym, but I'm hearing this in multiple places now and it's not fair to the kid or helping anyone move forward.

I am sure Evan was disappointed in not being named captain (especially as that honor and title seems in line with, if not essential to, successfully fulfilling his anchor role of leading this program to the Ivy tourney) but there is obviously more to why he left than that.

Evan will learn and grow from this, and I wish him well. I expect that our coaches and athletic dept people working with Evan (a kid who they had to know was more scrutinized, and a kid who was perhaps more proud and sensitive, due to being in the spotlight AS THE FACE OF DARTMOUTH BASKETBALL) will also learn and grow from this.

I expect big things from Evan at whatever program is lucky enough to pick him up. Meanwhile, I hope that the team he left behind privately and tactfully uses his departure as motivation to work harder, to come together like never before, and to far exceed what I expect will be lower expectations this year without their superstar.

Whatever went on behind the scenes, I am peeved it wasn't rectified. We have lost a ONCE IN A GENERATION PLAYER for Dartmouth who could've, would've, should've brought us to the top tier of Ivy League basketball, to post-season tourneys, and maybe even to the NCAA tourney for the first time in 60 years. Now the best we can hope for is a step toward recovery from last year's crash, and a return to the incremental growth we had finally begun to "enjoy" in recent years.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: I said "Hear, Hear" to George, not Yale Faithful

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:00:31 11/16/17 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: The rest of us wish him well, too

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:10:33 11/16/17 Thu

Who exactly is wishing him ill? I'm sure everyone is appreciative of his giving it everything he's got for two seasons and that everyone hopes he looks back on his Dartmouth days fondly.

That being said, we'd like to know what happened. Best I can tell, there are three possibilities being floated:

1) He quit because of spite.

2) He intended to leave the team after maximizing workout time to ensure that he would have minimal rust for whatever Power 5 team he suits up for next season.

3) He was genuinely unsure of what he would do until the day before the season opener.

If you insist #1 is incorrect, ok fine. But in my humble opinion, the other two options don't make him look much better.

The team wasn't able to overcome Mitola's premature departure and Cormier paid the price for it. While I'd be delighted if McLaughlin finds a way to make things work, I'm not expecting us to be competitive in the league anytime soon....

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.