VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: CU Basketball

Author:
Old Lion
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:47:06 12/04/17 Mon
In reply to: cad yellow 's message, "CU Basketball" on 22:18:25 12/03/17 Sun

Young team, Castlin out, very tough to play first seven games on the road, very ambitious schedule. Pluses: competitive in every game, Meisner has really come on in all aspects of his game, Smith has come around and was fantastic against Albany, and,the first years are really good, especially Faulds, Stefanini and Bibbs. Negatives: very passive in game coaching, missed opportunity to upset major D1 schools by not being able to close out games, fall off in play of Hickman, continuing frustration with failure of Tape to harness his potential. If we get Castlin back before Ivy play we can be a good team. Meisner especially is going to be a very tough match up.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: CU Basketball

Author:
cad yellow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:20:00 12/04/17 Mon

Many thanks for the response. Very informative. I missed that Castlin is out.
Can't figure out Tape. He never shoots as far as I can see. I like Stefananini on the boards with Bibbs and Meisner and Faulds. CU seems to have height. It would be a shame to waste another year with someone like Smith who seems like he could be first team All ivy. Just curious: what are you referring to specifically with Engle's coaching? It is early of course, but so far I am missing the previous coach who seemed to be better, but of course there were also many games that we lost a few years ago in the last few minutes, too.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: CU Basketball

Author:
Old Lion (puzzle)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:17 12/04/17 Mon

Engles is very uncommunicative as far as I can tell. He shows no emotion on the bench, doesn't call many time outs, especially in crunch time, and doesn't seem to call out plays. He is the exact opposite of Smith, who wa a very active game time coach.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: CU Basketball

Author:
Dr.V
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:04 12/04/17 Mon

Different coaches have different styles and approaches to in game behavior. For example, John Wooden did little talking and no yelling or screaming during a game. Engles and the coaches are plenty communicative during practices.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: CU Basketball

Author:
cadyellow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:37 12/13/17 Wed

After another close loss to Navy, can't figure out why Engles doesn't call more time outs down the stretch. He rarely does this. I question Engles's judgment but then again he had great success with NJIT and knocked off 19th ranking Michigan not long ago.

[> [> Subject: Re: CU Basketball

Author:
Louise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:48:58 12/04/17 Mon

However well Smith played in the second half, he was as poor in the first.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.