VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Give him, and the team, a chance

Green Enthusiast
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:14:09 12/11/17 Mon
In reply to: Diogenes 's message, "Give him, and the team, a chance" on 07:37:28 12/11/17 Mon

The comment isn’t about recruiting, it’s about coaching ability. I hope the men pull it together for Ivy play and keep us out of the basement. My concern is coaching decisions. So far McLaughlin hasn’t demonstrated he can coach and when you watch him on the sidelines he doesn’t know how to react when coaches change defenses and press. So far theMcLaughlin era has been very disappointing. I also understand that we may lose some of the freshman after the season as my contact tells me there’s a lot of discontent on the team due to the coaching.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Give him, and the team, a chance

Diogenes (Green Enthusiast)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:21:02 12/11/17 Mon

Just picked up your e-mail. If you’re correct, he should be canned right after the season. If he is a better coach than you think, he has enough material to put a decent team on the floor this year and grow the program from there. The proof will be in the pudding.

Knight reminds me of Al McGuire’s famous “aircraft carrier”. If I were Sheehy, I’d tell McLaughlin that if Knight walks out of Hanover: “you’ll be right behind him”.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.