VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: 2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:29:01 12/15/17 Fri
In reply to: voy vey 's message, "2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings" on 16:36:20 12/14/17 Thu

I feel having the Ivy League Football games on national TV is very important for the league as it helps with recruiting. Players want their fiends and family to be able to watch them play on TV.

I think the decision to move next year's Yale-Harvard game to Fenway was ratings driven. I wouldn't be suprised to hear that NBC was the driving force pushing it. That game should see its ratings triple as a result.

Yale sponsor Under Amour wants to see Yale play on TV too to get a return on their $16mm investment in Yale athletics. I would guess that they also were pushing for the game at Fenway.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: 2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings

Author:
IvySportsJunkie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:03:32 12/15/17 Fri

GG makes some great points.

There is no question that the quality of play and average rating of recruited athletes has improved in recent years. As noted in several prior threads, there are two key factors driving this improvement. First, the vastly improved financial aid packages clearly makes the Ivies increasingly competitive with FCS and FBS athletic scholarships. Second, the quality of the jobs post-graduation for student athletes also are dramatically improving. Each of the Ivies is developing an ever-growing pipeline to the nation's most coveted positions in IB, PE, VC, consulting and high tech with remarkable starting salaries, bonuses, and fringe benefits that are in line with what starting MBAs earned a decade ago. If you talk to a large cross section of recent student athletes about their Ivy experiences, you will find that some may grumble a bit about the Ivy athletics, but in almost all cases, they are so grateful for the academic experiences and the post-graduation professional opportunities offered to them.

While all of us wish the Ivies generated better attendance and broadcast viewership, I believe that the quality of play will continue to improve.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: And its not like we're the only league with ratings issues

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:07:22 12/15/17 Fri

The NFL says hello.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/14/media/nfl-ratings-sunday-night-football/index.html?category=media

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.