VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: What Could Have Been

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:33:52 12/15/17 Fri
In reply to: voy vey 's message, "2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings" on 16:36:20 12/14/17 Thu

Imagine a new IVY League at the IA Level debuting in 1982. In my mind it would have looked like this:

Yale
Harvard
Penn
Princeton
Army
Navy
Rutgers
Rice

Think of the rivalries this league would have had. Season could end with Army-Navy, Princeton-Rutgers and Yale-Harvard.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: What Could Have Been

Author:
Steve Mathiason
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:03:34 12/15/17 Fri

I like the outside the box thinking. Its fun to re-visit things, knowing what we do know now.

Even without bowl games, Ivy Football should be at the FBS level. Ivies are not nondescript, irrelevant universities. They are highly visible institutions with long proud athletic legacies.

It would be interesting for a panel to convene to chart the course of Ivy Football in the 21st century. I'm not sure the model for the 20th century works now. Attendance bears that out. As long as greater financial aid will keep improving the product on the field, it is a valid study.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.