VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: 2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings

Author:
Football Fanatic
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 23:09:32 12/15/17 Fri
In reply to: Old Eli 's message, "Re: 2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings" on 21:30:33 12/15/17 Fri

Well said old Eli, and the reason we will never be truly competitive in FCS outside the Ivy. I will never understand why supposedly liberal thinking Ivly schools discriminate against football in favor of hockey,lacrosse, basketball and other D1 sports.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: 2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings

Author:
Steve Mathiason
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:58:38 12/16/17 Sat

I don't think the Ivies could compete with Power 5 FBS competition on a regular basis. I do believe they could be a decent mid-major FBS league, a la the Sun Belt, MAC, or CUSA. However, most of their games would be within the league with OOC games against teams they could compete with, along with the FCS team or two. Bowl Games need not be a factor. Just a return to the highest overall bracket would help with attendance and the like.

Nothing is cast in stone forever. For years many of us thought they would never see a true spring practice or a tenth game!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.