VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: 2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings

Author:
Sprint66
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:11:50 12/16/17 Sat
In reply to: voy vey 's message, "2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings" on 16:36:20 12/14/17 Thu

I agree with Ivy Sports Junkie as a cross alignment with the MAC along with the Patriot League and the CAA would make a lot more sense. I have always said we should eliminate FCS or I-AA as we don't use that classification in basketball, soccer, lacrosse, etc. While I am also a Syracuse fan it pisses me off to no end when their fans call us a I-AA school during our annual lacrosse game. There is no such thing as NCAA I-AA lacrosse and it shouldn't exist in football either. Siena College plays a lot of good teams in basketball with an occasional upset, they're not a I-AA school.

The problem with Ivy League football is the administration at least at Cornell could give a "Rats A.. about football. The theory is if we really suck at football that some how will improve our academic ranking. Meanwhile we have 14,000 undergraduates drinking themselves under the table every weekend because with the exception of hockey our sports suck and there is nothing else to do on campus.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: 2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings

Author:
Steve Mathiason
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:31:24 12/16/17 Sat

The Ivy League, CAA, Patriot League and MAC would have a lot of inter-play.

Its time for CFB to go back to Division I, period.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Ivy League Recruitig

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:52:56 12/17/17 Sun

For those who doubt the Ivy LeGue can compete on the field with FBS teams, there's around 20 FBS teams with liver ranked recruiting classes than Yale. This is not an anomaly, but a 3 year trend. If somehow the Ivy League wax rd addicted as FBS, the recruiting fir the Ivy League would improve still further. Even at red FCS level the Ivy League can compete with the bottom tier of the FBS. If the Ivy League was reclassified they would be a solid mid major conference stronger than the Sun Belt, Conference USA, MAC, or Mountain West.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivy League Recruiting

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:55:21 12/17/17 Sun

Forgot the link

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivy League Recruitig

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:56 12/17/17 Sun

That's lower ranked, not liver ranked. Need to start proof reading these BEFORE I hit send.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivy League Recruiting Edited Version

Author:
Son of Eli (Haste Makes Waste)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:55 12/17/17 Sun

For those who doubt the Ivy League can compete on the field with FBS teams, there's around 20 FBS teams with lower ranked recruiting classes than Yale. This is not an anomaly, but a 3 year trend. If somehow the Ivy League waxs reclassified as FBS, the recruiting for the Ivy League would improve still further. Even at the FCS level the Ivy League can already compete with the bottom tier of the FBS. If the Ivy League was reclassified they would be a solid mid major conference stronger than the Sun Belt, Conference USA, MAC, or Mountain West.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

[> [> Subject: Re: 2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings

Author:
Steve Mathiason
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:27:48 12/17/17 Sun

Thanks for bringing this to light. The issue has never been whether or not the Ivies CAN move up....rather its been a matter of will.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.