VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: 2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings

Author:
Newk
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:09:59 12/18/17 Mon
In reply to: voy vey 's message, "2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings" on 16:36:20 12/14/17 Thu

All really good points. What's the point of being FCS if we don't compete in its postseason tournament? It makes more sense to be FBS and shun the stupid bowl system. I guess the argument is the stadium requirements, but if we really wanted to address that, I think the universities could get their stadiums up to the requisite standards.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: train has left the station

Author:
remember it well
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:15:57 12/18/17 Mon

There is absolutely no incentive for Army and Navy to join some form of "new" Ivy league - at least not for football. If they declined to join over thirty years ago there is even less reason for them to become an Ivy now.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: train has left the station

Author:
IvySportsJunkie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:39:15 12/18/17 Mon

It was my understanding that Army and Navy declined in 1982 since it would require them to voluntarily drop down to FCS I-AA in football if they joined the Ivy League. That was a deal breaker for Army and Navy.

In contrast, this our hypothetical new academic oriented Ivy League, including Army and Navy, would be part of FBS.

[> [> Subject: Re: 2017 Ivy football attendance & NBCSN TV ratings

Author:
Steve Mathiason
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:32:23 12/18/17 Mon

Its all about FCS. Newk is correct about the FCS and the playoffs. Its pointless to be in the FCS if the playoffs aren't an option.

Stadium size? Low-cost bleacher additions could be handled fairly easily, one would think.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.