VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: If you don't mind my asking...

Author:
Go Green
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:31:03 12/18/17 Mon
In reply to: Diogenes 's message, "Re: Technically accurate" on 11:53:30 12/18/17 Mon

How exactly should have Boudreaux's exit been handled from Sheehy's or McLaughlin's standpoint? Boudreaux's announcing that he wanted to transfer right before the season opener was as bad timing as possible for the program.

And even assuming that either S or McL could have handed the exit better, what difference would that have made for the team's performance thus far?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: If you don't mind my asking...

Author:
Diogenes (Go Green)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:08:09 12/18/17 Mon

I don't know anything about the facts of L'Affaire Boudreaux.

Having said that and given his family etc., it's hard to imagine that he just woke up one morning this Fall and dropped his decision on an unsuspecting family, A.D., coach, team and College. It's a reasonable supposition that there were extended and significant discussions with everyone involved over a period of time. I believe that supposition is correct. If that supposition is wrong, then there is blame of a significantly greater order of magnitude which should be shared by all.

Assuming my supposition is correct, there was a significant failure by Sheehy and McLaughlin correctly to manage and massage the timing and content of the announcement.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: If you don't mind my asking...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:09 12/18/17 Mon

Then kudos to Cormier and Sheehy for managing the situation with Alex Mitola effectively enough to ensure that Mitola announced his transfer at the conclusion of the season, rather than at the beginning of it.

A shame that McLaughlin and Sheehy couldn't replicate the feat with Boudreaux...

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.