VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Conflicted Ivy football dad

Author:
Football dad
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:38:39 12/19/17 Tue
In reply to: Football dad 's message, "Conflicted Ivy football dad" on 12:54:55 12/18/17 Mon

Thanks for all the replies. Great reminder for me that it will be his course to set. He will have access to all the information good and bad, so I’ll let him figure it out.

Sorry for being undercover, but I don’t want to be perceived as “piling on” when a program is going through tough times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Conflicted Ivy football dad

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:44:49 12/19/17 Tue

We spend years and all of our time and emotional energy trying to guide and point our children in the right direction. It's not easy to suddenly turn off that switch, but it's the natural course of life and, indeed, of good parenting.

Of course that does not stop my mother from asking in almost every telephone conversation with her whether I'm eating well and going to the gym.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Conflicted Ivy football dad

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:21 12/19/17 Tue

Would be curious to know of your response when she asked how things were going the week you banged those six women...

:)

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Conflicted Ivy football dad

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:12:00 12/22/17 Fri

This may not be surprising, but my mother was highly disapproving of my lifestyle as a bachelor. Therefore, despite the fact that I am very close to her, I had to adopt a policy of putting her on a strict need-to-know basis as far as dating information was concerned.

Although she has generally liked the women I've brought home and said kind things about them. She once told a friend about first meeting her favorite girlfriend of mine, "When I walked in the door and saw her sitting at my kitchen table, I couldn't believe a woman that beautiful was in my house." Mom's a very charming lady.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.