VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Columbia commits on both sides of the ball

Author:
Ivy Voyeur
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:03:21 12/21/17 Thu
In reply to: ungvar 's message, "Columbia commits on both sides of the ball" on 07:29:36 12/20/17 Wed

Roar, I think you missed Holtsie's irony. And Holtsie, you might appreciate that my spell-checker wants to call you Hottie. Not having met you, I'm agnostic on that one.
As for our Lions, Roar, let's not forget Columbia took advantage of some unusual down seasons and just squeaked out a few of its wins. That's not to denigrate in any way this season - it was magnificent -but to say that it will be tough for CU to maintain its level. And that's not to say that the program will slide back to the sorry state it was in.
The skill positions have improved, but don't forget that offenses live and die by their lines. CU loses the vital left side of the line. Even great QBs and RBs lose if they don't get protection and running holes.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Columbia commits on both sides of the ball

Author:
Roar Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:22:04 12/21/17 Thu

Agree with Ivy V. Columbia went 4-1 in games decided in the last minute. That probably doesn't happen twice. And we lose a very good QB w no proven backup. If the two 5th year eligible OLs return, we have four returning starters on the OL and very deep WRs. I think CU will be very good next year, but the record will depend in large part on QB play.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Columbia commits on both sides of the ball

Author:
Roar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:35:55 12/22/17 Fri

Dear Ivy Voyeur, in fact we lose only Wales on the O-line and when injured he was well replaced by Joe Scowden who started against Cornell. So counting Scowden we return all the starters including our top two tight ends. Can't do much better than that.
Interior D-line could be more of a challenge after losing three seniors.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.