VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Yale Practice Bubble

Author:
Football Fanatic
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:56:25 12/21/17 Thu
In reply to: Football Fanatic 's message, "Re: Yale Practice Bubble" on 23:10:02 12/20/17 Wed

Yes, I have played on field turf, in high school and college. Doing just fine thank you.for asking.

Yale also plays on artificial turf everyday on their practice field. Maybe the people at Yale know something about covering turf that the vast majority of all D1 schools (including some Ivies ) don’t. Maybe it’s only in The New Haven climate that its turf is not a viable option?.. and that’s the reason why the team travels off site to practice indoors when the weather is bad?

If we don’t like fileld turf, put something else in. I am not a follower of the crowd. My point was that some teams who’s very livelihood is dependent on their player’s health practice indoors.

Maybe Yale should just forfeit their away games to teams that play on turf as it’s unsafe for our players, but not theirs....and if you think playing on that piece of art Bowl field is safer, you are sadly mistaken...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale Practice Bubble

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:22:14 12/21/17 Thu

How carefully did you read my original post? I merely said that the safety of FieldTurf is an open question worthy of medical research.

I further said that, given that the practice fields are already FieldTurf, there was no further incremental danger from switching the Bowl to FieldTurf and putting a practice bubble over it.

My post made it clear to everybody but apparently you that I am in favor of a bubble over the Bowl turf. As others have said, the current Bowl field is a very slow surface akin to running on a beach, not to mention an embarrassment aesthetically. A good high school program would be ashamed to play on a field like that.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.