VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Yale Practice Bubble

Author:
Football Fanatic
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:12:03 12/21/17 Thu
In reply to: An Observer 's message, "Re: Yale Practice Bubble" on 09:53:52 12/21/17 Thu

I was replying to your post at 9:53 on 12/21.

We can play the follow the leader game forever. Why have a weight room like Duke, Northwestern , or even Miami Ohio (all private schools that pride themselves on academics) just because they have one for player development or to help with recruiting? Same goes for the locker room and the proverbial “players lounge.” That logic extends to the indoor practice facility as well.

Why shouldn’t we have those same advantages? Those things do matter. You can choose to believe that or not.

Maybe an answer to this quandary is to have all Ivy sports have the universities contribute the same $ amount per athelete to the programs, regardless of sport (each school decides their own $ amount). Each sport gets their own revenue and charged for their own expenses. Any remaining monies needed have to be raised entirely by private donation or fundraising? Everything else: coaches bonuses, equipment and training facilities, revenue, travel, concessions, parking,
advertising, tv contracts, everything. If you want a new facility, raise the money or keep what you have. I’d feel bad for the sports other than football, basketball and perhaps hockey that would not survive in terms of recruiting or facility maintenance, but that way, the successful and most popular programs (attenence based) could hire (reward) who they want and build what is needed to maximize student athlete potential....that is, if their alumni and other supporters are in agreement. Like a sports bond referendum. It’s an alternative solution. Open to hearing other ideas.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: As Mike James Would Say, "It's Your Fault"

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:04:41 12/21/17 Thu

Why are you arguing with me? I agree with you. I'm in favor of the practice bubble over the Yale Bowl.

I've agreed with you throughout this entire thread. I've been explicitly clear that I agree with you in two different posts in this thread.

Please don't tell me that you graduated from Yale.

I'm going to give you my best Mike James imitation: "If you can't read well, it's not my fault."

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.