VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: To borrow a baseball phrase

Author:
Calvin
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:25:49 12/22/17 Fri
In reply to: Diogenes 's message, "Pride, Prejudice, Hate, Scorn, Ridicule and Obloquy" on 07:57:22 12/22/17 Fri

You post like you came down from a higher level of the internet. One above my pay grade.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Whatever the pay grade, we share a common bond

Author:
Diogenes (Calvin)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:04:27 12/22/17 Fri

We're victims of Ivy League educations.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: President Spencer Freedman? Harvard recruit aspires to highest office.

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:56:18 12/23/17 Sat

Spencer Freedman aspires to do something different with his life than the other elite players in the 45th annual Culligan City of Palms Classic.

Freedman wants to become President of the United States.

Freedman, 19 and a senior guard for the Santa Ana (California) Mater Dei High School basketball team, has proven to be one of the best 3-point shooters in this year’s Classic, winning the 3-point shootout Wednesday and averaging 20 points per game in three games. But Freedman’s 6-foot-1 frame and lack of high-flying athleticism make him a longshot to play in the NBA, he said.

“I’m not sure it would happen as soon as I would like it to,” Freedman said of becoming President. “But I really do want to. Living in America, we’re so lucky. We have so many opportunities that others don’t have. I want to help people get better. I want to overall make the world a better place.”

Born June 24, 1998, the soonest Freedman could run for president would be the 2036 election, the first one scheduled after his 35th birthday in 2033.

“I just hope I’m alive to see it,” said Mater Dei coach Gary McKnight, 65. “That would put me at 84. He has a great way of connecting with people. All people. Not just the basketball players but the entire student body.”

Players shot for the top spot in the Three-point shooting contest that was part of the City of Palms Classic, Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2017. The winner was Spencer Freedman, Mater Dei, beating out Jordan McCabe, Kaukauna, Wisc. Teddy Dupay, 38, Former Mariner HS player, was also on hand to give a try at the competition and judge the Slam Dunk Contest.
While the idea of President Freedman may sound far-fetched, he carries a 4.2 grade-point average and will be attending Harvard University, which has produced seven presidents, more than any other university, ahead of Yale’s five. Most of Harvard’s presidents made major impacts over the course of our country’s history. They are, in chronological order: John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Rutherford B. Hayes, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, George W. Bush (who also has a degree from Yale) and Barack Obama.

When asked about President Donald Trump, Freedman did what skilled politicians do. He didn’t answer the question. He steered the conversation in another direction.
“I’ve been looking more at previous presidencies,” Freedman said. “I’ve been looking as far back as George Washington and John Adams and working my way up. I feel like learning about the past is the best way to learn about the future.”

Freedman, who has dark, curly hair and could become the first Jewish president, had multiple basketball recruiting offers. USC, Washington, Rice, UC-Santa Barbara, Princeton, Yale and other Ivy League schools recruited him. Harvard, however, ranked first for him all along both for his basketball and his presidential aspirations.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: President Spencer Freedman? Harvard recruit aspires to highest office.

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:06:49 12/24/17 Sun

So if he was recruited for his aspirations but doesn't become president, is that a recruiting misjudgment?

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Let’s hope for Freedman’s sake....

Author:
Jack Hatfield
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:44:42 12/27/17 Wed

...that Bo Hines doesn’t have the 22nd amendment repealed and remain President-for-life...

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Let’s hope for Freedman’s sake....

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:11:30 12/27/17 Wed

that's pretty good Jack

Happy New Year, say hi to next title for me

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: He would be too late

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:17:57 12/27/17 Wed

The current WH occupant will have tried that already.

I imagine Admission Committees have yet to approve the applicant who says he or she is not ambitious enough to be president.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: huh?

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:18:14 12/25/17 Mon

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.