VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: yale football

Author:
Walt Yale Blue
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:49:11 12/22/17 Fri

Old blue you hit the nail on the head. I like the way you think. I hope coach Cahill is up to the task of being offensive coordinator. We all hope he has a little more no a lot more creativity with his offensive play calling. Would like to see more misdirection and play action schemes. And the use of a fullback for blocking and running. We can only hope this will happen.We have the talent on this team both ways to be special next year.One more important item that coach Cahill has to be aware of for next year. All the defensive coordinators from the teams we will face next year are getting ready for Sir Zane Dudek. They will try to do with some success that penn princeton and harvard did last year. Slow down Dudek.They will either put a spy on him or overload the line to take away his jump cuts.That were creativity is so important next year with coach Cahill .I wish him well. I would like to wish everyone on this board a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Walt Yale Blue.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: yale football

Author:
Ivy Patriot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:01:48 12/22/17 Fri

"They will try to do with some success that penn princeton and harvard did last year. Slow down Dudek." Actually, he has his least productive day in the loss to Dartmouth with 43 yards.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Dartmouth and Princeton slow-down?

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:25:47 12/23/17 Sat

To Patriot: Against Dartmouth, Deshawn Salter got the majority of RB carries (and gained 73 yards). Dudek did just fine for the carries he got. Also, Dudek caught 6 passes for 61 yards, including a TD.

To Walt: Princeton slowed him down?! If 180 yards rushing and 6 catches represents being slowed down, I'd like to see what you consider a good day!

The only team I think that truly "slowed down" Dudek, IMO, was Harvard. They did a tremendous job in that respect.

Author:
Unknown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:10:42 12/22/17 Fri

Lamar and Dudek should split time to keep defenses off balance. When defenses have time to adjust to Dudek’s patient style, they can slow him down, but Lamar has a completely different running style that makes defending both a tall task. We saw this recently when Rouse would enter the game and break off long runs on defenses trying to slow play Dudek.

Author:
Old Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:03:34 12/23/17 Sat

Good lord, we had a historic offensive season and some of you are quibbling about the play calling. Am I taking crazy pills?

Author:
old blue
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:24 12/23/17 Sat

gentlemen; no disrespect to coach conlin i would lean toward talent
versus play calling.as to mr old eli sometimes crazy pills are the only sensible solution.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.