VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Congrats Coach Conlin

Author:
bowwowwow
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:02:13 12/23/17 Sat
In reply to: Football FanT 's message, "Re: Congrats Coach Conlin" on 16:46:28 12/22/17 Fri

I disagree, nothing will change. Reno knows what the winning formula is and has recruited well with that in mind. Win the ground game, control the clock, aggressive style defense equals success. Nothing to fix if it isn't broken. Sure teams will now key on Dudek but that will open up play action passes to TE's, counter plays and WR jet sweeps. Much like plays we have seen from other Ivy teams in the past.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Congrats Coach Conlin

Author:
Football Fanatic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:53:11 12/28/17 Thu

Bow Wow, I hope you are right. Definitely an increased chance of keeping the same offense now that new OC has been named and is from within. I don’t know how much experience he has in calling plays or game planning?Run/pass balance along with creating the right game plan are key. I’ve seen many former QB coaches get caught up in stats and points scored by being pass happy once they get the play calling responsibility. That does not end well as our defense gets tired (from short possessions on offense) and there is no ability to run the clock/shorten the game once we get a lead without a sustained running attack.

Hopefully the new OC has some skills/experience in game planning and game management. With the OL we have and a stable of running backs, a run first mentality that wears down the opponents’ defense is key to continued success.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.