VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: NFL should play on Saturday cuz the College spread game sucks!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:57:10 12/28/17 Thu

There was a time I loved watching the college bowl games with a variety of different offensive schemes. There was the great passing of Dan Marino at Pitt and the unbelievable rushing game of Herschel Walker at Georgia. Today it's like every college team runs the SAME darn spread offensive formation. They call it a high paced offense where the players run to get back to the line of scrimmage, only for everyone to stop and look over at the sidelines three times to get the play. It's practically a delay of game and I certainly wouldn't call it "high octane". Coaches read the defenses and the players are becoming nearly irrelevant. Do you even know who won the Heisman Trophy this year? I'll bet you ask a bunch of fans at a college bowl tailgate and most of them wouldn't have a clue. Hint...it wasn't a running back. Quarterbacks no longer run play action, no more fullbacks or tight ends, and everyone just goes out for a five yard pass, and God forbid if you need to run the ball for a one-yard score. Some college coaches think it's like playing basketball. Sorry basketball is played in the winter. Boring &$#%@ football. No wonder why college attendance continues to decline.

In comparison, this year I had the opportunity to attend the Buffalo Bills vs. New Orleans Saints game. While the Bills lost it was a "Thing of Beauty" to watch Drew Brees and his offense put on a real show. Check it out as this is how the game is meant to be played.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[> Subject: And while we're at it...

Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:44:34 12/29/17 Fri

Get off Sprint's lawn!!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Actually the NFL uses it too

[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:55:07 12/29/17 Fri