VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: In all fairness...

Author:
Go Green
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:14:11 12/30/17 Sat
In reply to: Son of Eli 's message, "Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League" on 10:30:06 12/30/17 Sat

At the time the decision was made to go D-IAA, very few people were holding up Northwestern as an example of balancing athletic and academic success.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:03:12 12/30/17 Sat

I'm talking about decisions that were made in the 1940's. All of the people who made these decisions to de-emphasize football are long since dead and buried. Their philosophy on athletics, particularly football, was wrong. It's time to bury their de-emphasis philosophy with them and change course to re-emphasize football. For now that would look like:

1) an eleven game schedule
2) bowl counter status for Ivy games with FBS schools
3) participation in the FCS playoffs.

In the future there could be another realignment of Division I. If that happens the Ivy League needs to seize the opportunity to get back to the highest level of Division I. That would likely mean the elimination of the Academic Index an the ban on bowl games. If these second round reforms were made the Ivy League could recruit competitively with the likes of Duke, Stanford and Northwestern.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.