VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: College game is boring with same play over and over.

Author:
Sprint66
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:54:19 12/30/17 Sat
In reply to: voy vey 's message, "It helps coaches win because the rules dictate as much" on 21:24:34 12/29/17 Fri

voy vey....I like a good passing game, but I also enjoy watching the running game too. Watching nearly every team during this bowl season operating basically the same spread offense with nothing but five and ten yard passes gets boring. Twenty years ago college teams were running the shot gun, but they were also running the I-formation, empty backfields, triple option, wish bone, pro-set split backs, lots of fun stuff. Every college team today runs the same damn offense over and over again. That's OK I am turning off the college games and looking forward to the NFL tomorrow, as those contests are a lot more fun to watch.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: College game is boring with same play over and over.

Author:
bowwowwow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:00:50 12/31/17 Sun

Maybe they need to outlaw the spread offense like they did to the flying wedge in the good old days.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: College game is boring with same play over and over.

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:03:22 12/31/17 Sun

Washington Post tells old fogies like Sprint to get over it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/spread-of-the-spread-from-high-school-to-nfl-an-offense-has-takes-root/2017/12/28/27b00966-ec33-11e7-8a6a-80acf0774e64_story.html?utm_term=.adb86859eb7e

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Wisconsin, Avec Fullback, Trounces Miami Sans Fullback

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:50:27 12/31/17 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.