VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League

Author:
M3
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:06:05 01/01/18 Mon
In reply to: M3 's message, "Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League" on 18:04:55 12/31/17 Sun

Your point is good.

The question then is how good do Ivies have to become in order to bring back the non alum college football fan in the Northeast.

I think the schools would need to be competing had a mid ACC level
(think Duke, Wake Forest,UVa) to make it happen.

That would be a huge financial and philosophical (in terms of AI changes) commitment which I think only half the league (at best) would be willing or able to do.

With that said I could imagine Cornell saying what am I getting out of this athletic deal (not much) and becoming the Stanford of the East and Duke of the North and joining the ACC.

HYP effectively have scholarships for middle and low income athletes thanks to there large endowments but do not have to call them that -big recruiting advantage in the non preppy sports.

In the short term however the Ivy schools like their brand and have plenty of applicants.

Do not look for any change soon.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League

Author:
Bubba
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:43:17 01/09/18 Tue

A real issue in todays' League schools.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.