VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League

Author:
Jerrylh
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:09:27 01/01/18 Mon
In reply to: Son of Eli 's message, "Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League" on 10:30:06 12/30/17 Sat

Lots of interesting and thought provoking posts.
My take is that Northwestern could do what they did because they were playing in the Big Ten. Big football powers came into town and that was the draw
The Ivy League is not the Big Ten and never will be. Schedule only allows 3 out of conference games. The majority of games will be other Ivy League teams.

To my friends on this thread, I would like to pose this question.

What is it exactly you hope to achieve?? What is your ultimate goal??

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:09:03 01/01/18 Mon

Good question Jerry. My ultimate goal for Ivy League Football is to end its isolation and national irrelevancy by perpetuating more opportunities for national exposure and more opportunities for the football players to be able to prove their talent.

An eleven game schedule with an occasional FBS opponent and FCS playoff participation furthers these goals. Getting the Ivy League back to FBS status with a 12 game schedule and Bowl eligibility would accomplish them to a much greater extent, but would also be much harder to achieve. That’s why the former FCS reforms should be the primary focus for now, while keeping to door open to a jump to FBS if the opportunity should ever arise.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League

Author:
Jerrylh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:41:06 01/01/18 Mon

Agree with you about first step. If we could just get that, I would be happy

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League

Author:
Eastern Sports Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:19:13 01/01/18 Mon

The isolation and national irrelevancy was forced upon the Ivy League (and they were the main target) in the early 1980's by the television money-grabbing NCAA football powers who had no intention of sharing the mushrooming revenues with the entire NCAA membership.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.