VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: a Lion get

Author:
Boston Lion
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:38:29 01/03/18 Wed
In reply to: Louise 's message, "a Lion get" on 01:58:49 01/01/18 Mon

Correct. Cold weather builds strength and does great things. That's why northerners outlast the rest.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: a Lion get

Author:
The Mountain Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:28:49 01/03/18 Wed

Ivy Voyeur is correct--the weakness in our country today started with domed football stadiums, and they all need to be razed and replaced asap with affordable housing for penguins and other endangered animal species. Thank goodness NYC didn't build a domed football stadium for the Jets. Of course, all three of the politicians who voted against the domed stadium turned out to be crooks.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: hmmm remind me

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:54:45 01/03/18 Wed

who were the three crooks? not being disingenuous bc I am old I tend to forget

[> [> Subject: Re: a Lion get

Author:
The Mountain Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:31:59 01/04/18 Thu

holtsledge, my friend, what happened in brief, was that the proposed stadium needed ultimately to be approved by the vote of the three members of New York State's Public Authorities Control Board. Those three men were appointed to act as representatives of Governor Patacki, Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Majority Leader Joseph Bruno. Patacki strongly supported the Jets Stadium on the West Side of Manhattan and directed his representative to vote for its construction. Silver was opposed and directed his representative to vote against. Bruno was also opposed and therefore directed his representative to vote nay. Silver and Bruno were both subsequently convicted of corruption, in altogether different matters, although both convictions were reversed on appeal due to legal technicalities. However, the U.S. Attorney General's Office is considering retying Silver for accepting kickbacks. He was also disbarred. My post referring to "three crooks," was a bit in error. Governor Patacki was certainly not a crook and was in fact, a visionary leader and great sports fan. It seems sad to me that New York City lost the opportunity to construct a world-class stadium in Manhattan because of the votes of only two men, Silver and Bruno.

[> [> [> Subject: thanks

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:02:26 01/04/18 Thu

for reminding me I remember it now. Silver one of the most corrupt politicians to come down the pike in a long while

on a side note My son has autographed picture of him and a friend when they were kids with Pataki from the 1997 PGA. Pataki was most gracious and told us to send pic and he would autograph it. He was a man of his word.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.