VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League

Author:
IvySportsJunkie
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:33:34 01/03/18 Wed
In reply to: Son of Eli 's message, "Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League" on 10:30:06 12/30/17 Sat

Pursing a path to mid-major FBS, such as the MAC conference, then each of our Ivy head coach's compensation packages likely will be well below $1 million and less than the top compensation packages for Ivy professors. The MAC average head coach's salary was only $399,769 with total average maximum compensation, including all bonuses, at only $644,846.

Interestingly, the MAC head coach's average total compensation is dramatically below the top salaries of Ivy faculty, such as David Silver, Columbia Dermatology Professor's salary of $4.3 million, Zev Rosenwaks, Cornell Medical School Professor's salary of $3.3 million, or Dean Takahashi, Yale Finance Professor's salary of $2.6 million.

Unless we try to compete in the Pac 12, Big 10 or ACC, then there is no need to consider compensation packages in the $7 million range.

BTW - you also would be surprised at how many of us have successfully run large businesses. Among my Ivy teammates, the vast majority ended up in the C-suite.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League

Author:
Boston Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:31:55 01/03/18 Wed

Thanks. Fair points, all. And I wouldn't be surprised about the C-suite numbers; actually, I'd expect that. I was only saying that some posters who seem to see no negatives to junking the Ivy compact and chasing the factory-school model often seem to not fully account for what IMHO is the substantial downside that so often accompanies that kind of move.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:23:27 01/03/18 Wed

None of the reforms I've proposed requires "junking the Ivy Compact". They would only serve to restore football to equal footing with the rest of Ivy League sports. Just to clarify I want the Ivy League to remain in tact. If that means staying in the FCS so be it.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.