VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: New England Patriots Practiced in Blizzard Today

Author:
An Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 23:46:47 01/04/18 Thu

Bill Belichick is something else. There were headlines this morning that he informed his players that they should not view the blizzard and predicted 18+ inches of snow as an excuse to be late for practice today.

Then this evening there were clips on the national news of the Patriot players headed out and back from practice while a fierce blizzard howled around them. The temperature was in the teens.

We all remember Belichick chanting "No days off! No days off!" at the end of the Super Bowl parade. This guy is the best football coach in the NFL and he's also totally nuts. The Patriots aren't even playing this weekend -- they have a bye! It would serve him right if one of his players missed a game with the flu.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: New England Patriots Practiced in Blizzard Today

Author:
Ivy Voyeur
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:27:12 01/05/18 Fri

What Belichek is doing is a bit more subtle than being nuts. You can look at the blizzard in two ways. It can be awful and something to be avoided -- "Why is coach making me practice in this? I just want to be home where it's warm. Ugh, let's just get through it." Or it can be viewed as a neutral circumstance or even a fun challenge -- "Hmmm, how can I keep from slipping on the snow ... How can I throw a football/punt/kick where I want it to go in this wind ... A bit of snow is no reason to break our discipline." If you can get your team to the second mindset, you've built resilience. And a resilient team is less likely to fold in a game when the going gets tough. So it may seem like nuts, but it also can be an opportunity to use an unusual circumstance to build an incremental advantage. Given the same opportunity, what would you do?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: New England Patriots Practiced in Blizzard Today

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:45:07 01/05/18 Fri

He's at the point where, like in "Being There", it's assumed everything he does or says is more brilliant than what anyone else does.

I was kind of hoping the thread title was referring to the blizzard of scrutiny triggered by today's espn article about his team. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.