VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: note ....

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:38:03 01/07/18 Sun
In reply to: Diogenes 's message, "Dartmouth-Harvard Men's B-Ball" on 12:39:59 01/07/18 Sun

Harvard was basically missing Aiken, their best player.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[> Subject: Re: Dartmouth-Harvard Men's B-Ball

Green Enthusiast
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:58:29 01/07/18 Sun

I also watched the game and agree with your observations. In my view Harvard is over rated. While they have talent I have not seen much improvement in last years top recruits. I would expect more even without Aiken. On the Dartmouth side, we just aren’t very good. Kudos to the team for fighting back but you capture our deficiencies very well. Miles Wright played well and inspired but he is very inconsistent. Why doesn’t that Miles show up every game. The front court was abysmal both offensively and defensively. The real question is what exactly is our offense. It’s hard to tell what if any plays we are running. The concern is that Barry is a spot up shooter and needs to have screens set to feee him. He is very accurate when that happens but doesn’t create well. He excelled in non conference but the last two games teams guarded him closely and shut him down. The rest of the Ivies will do the same. Why aren’t we making any adjustments. Our offense doesn’t match our talent and the coaches need to do something differently. My other concern is defense is even worse. I thought that was a focus for this year but it’s hard to see that and our rebounding is abysmal How can it be that our bigs average under 5 a game. I guess I was spoiled with Boudreaux pulling in 10 by himself. I’m hoping McLaugjlin can make some adjustments to both offense and defense to better use our skills and hide our defensive deficiencies. He hasn’t shown that aptitude yet however. In terms of our ballyhooed freshman he looked intimidated and had a bad game. He’s young and needs more experience but he has the raw skills and is one of our best athletes. It would be a shame to lose him too as I’m hearing he is unhappy as are a few of the others on the team. There’s a real lack of leadership apparently and not great bond with McLaughlin for some of the younger guys my source tells me. Not sure if that is just venting given their record.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: We'll know more in two days when Vermont comes to Hanover

Diogenes (Green Enthusiast)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:12:16 01/08/18 Mon

Vermont has a very good team this year, barely losing to Kentucky.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: We'll know more in two days when Vermont comes to Hanover

Ivy Patriot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:32:31 01/09/18 Tue

Except their top scorer/top rebounder will miss the game and perhaps the rest of the season. http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/sports/college/vermont/2017/12/30/uvms-lamb-out-indefinitely-foot-fracture/992576001/

[> [> [> [> Subject: Sucks, but...

Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:35:39 01/09/18 Tue

I don't think Dartmouth is going to be sympathetic to UVM's plight.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.