VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Mark Harmon fun fact

Author:
BigRed23
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:40:22 01/11/18 Thu
In reply to: An Observer 's message, "Re: Mark Harmon fun fact" on 12:06:55 01/11/18 Thu

I had the pleasure of working out with Mark Harmon at Harvard Westlake in LA the summer between my Junior and Senior year at Cornell. Very nice guy I remember him telling me that he got loaner cars from John DeLorean, who was the head of Chevrolet operations for GM, each month. I always hoped his dad would show up but it didn't happen.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Story I heard was

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:49:23 01/11/18 Thu

Story I heard about Harmon was that he did not play his senior year at Harvard School because when he matriculated, he repeated whatever grade he had just finished at his previous school. Thus, his junior year was his fourth year of high school ball.

Hence, no college offers. Hence, the JC route.

And the rest is history....

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Story I heard was

Author:
Diogenes (Go Green)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:53:13 01/11/18 Thu

Thanks, didn't know that. From what I read on the Internet, Harmon was offered a scholarship to Oklahoma, but chose UCLA instead. One thing's for sure, he wasn't just a spoiled Bel-Air kid.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.