VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League

Steve Mathiason
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:22:37 01/11/18 Thu
In reply to: Sprint66 's message, "Re: Northwestern- An Alternative Model to the Ivy League" on 22:06:33 01/11/18 Thu

If even one of the Ivy schools drops varsity football, I think the league will possibly drop football as a sponsored sport. If that happens, its every school for itself.

In that scenario, Yale, Harvard, Princeton and Penn probably go FBS eventually (I know the rules bout joining a league, etc, but). Brown, Dartmouth, and Columbia might be FCS Indies, or maybe join the Patriot.

I think its the magic number of 8 that keeps the league a football league.

Think hockey- its not an Ivy conference, but the schools play in another league

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Nah

Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:09:06 01/12/18 Fri

My gut is that if one school (Brown, Cornell most likely) dropped football, the others would kick them out of the Ivy and find a replacement (most likely from the PL).

Among other things, too many Ivies have made capital improvements to their football facilities to pull the plug just because another team wants to quit.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.