VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: John Harris Commits to the Columbia Lions

Author:
Old Lion (31)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:53:28 01/16/18 Tue
In reply to: The Mountain Lion 's message, "John Harris Commits to the Columbia Lions" on 11:17:42 01/15/18 Mon

According to Jake’s blog with the addition of DE Evan Loesel from Florida we are now up to 31 commitments,

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: John Harris’s high school is tiny...

Author:
Jack Hatfield
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:26:55 01/16/18 Tue

...and it plays against other very tiny schools. Given that Santa Barbara is also about as soft an environment as mankind has yet to create, I would be more excited for Columbia if it got a commitment from this forum’s own Jon Harris.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Trying unsuccessfully to recall football guys from SB

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:55:51 01/16/18 Tue

I have no doubt SB sends good swimmers, volleyball and baseball players to the Ivy League.

But coming up empty trying to recall the area sending us any football players...

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Trying unsuccessfully to recall football guys from SB

Author:
LionFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:06:03 01/16/18 Tue

Have been super excited about class but this film did look suspicious. If he is 6 205 then he is playing against tiny tiny defenders. It appeared to be bad football and would explain why he was so productive and did not have any recruiting interest online.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Trying unsuccessfully to recall football guys from SB

Author:
CU_88
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:59:03 01/16/18 Tue

I believe the coaches tweeted him as an Athlete not a RB.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Trying unsuccessfully to recall football guys from SB

Author:
Ivy Voyeur
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:14:11 01/16/18 Tue

That doesn't mean he won't be productive in the Ivy League. Obviously the coaches saw something they like. They appear to be pretty good judges of talent.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Trying unsuccessfully to recall football guys from SB

Author:
LionFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:17:15 01/17/18 Wed

I will always side with optimism and the coaches must see something in Harris.

However, this came up in a summer thread and this season only provided more evidence.

Bagnoli and staff have flipped the environment and proven they develop and prepare better then anyone in the league.

While I am no fan of the previous regime for personal reasons. When you look at the players in Bagnoli's first 3 seasons that have made All Ivy and been impacts on field, other then the young receivers they have all been Mangurian's recruits. Has this staff proven they have upgraded the talent and where are these players?

Author:
Old Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:45:39 01/17/18 Wed

Al’s recruits have included some excellent LBs, DBs and DLs. On offense other than a great corps of WRs he has solid talent up and down the OL. What remains to be seen is how the RBs, TEs and QBs will develop. I think we will be in good shape across the board.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Trying unsuccessfully to recall football guys from SB

Author:
LionFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:53 01/17/18 Wed

Who are the excellent young DL, DB and OL?

I havent seen them play produce?

I know young LBs - Murphy and Woodley showed up this season.

Author:
CU_88
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:35:40 01/17/18 Wed

Wainwright was a Bagnoli recruit I believe (first team all Ivy). Josh Bean, Ornstein , Kabus,McKeighan (DB). OL will take the longest to be get on the field. One saw how much Wainwright improved from Freshman to Sophmore.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.