VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: "Doc" Bonner commits to Airforce

Author:
ivyjoe
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:45:21 01/17/18 Wed
In reply to: YAGreen 's message, ""Doc" Bonner decommits" on 19:33:54 01/16/18 Tue

So maybe Doc's true love is to be an elite flyboy. But if he has other goals like 1. be an NFL qualtiy QB, what better than Buddy Teevens, the pentulimate QB mentor who inspired and co=founded the Arthie Manny Passing Acadamey and sees and coaches every major QB in the country along with Peyton and Eli at their summer camp, 2. If Doc thinks hes that good, he could join the QBs Buddy has all ready recruited and trained that went on to start for 4 different NFL teams and 3. If all else fails, go to work with Goldman Sachs and make multiply Millions in Wall Street like many other Dartmouth football players.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: relax

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:59:05 01/17/18 Wed

kid changed his mind, wish he hadn't but he did. It's not like he is going to the Evil Empire Ohio State. He is going to a Military Academy which should never be discouraged. I wonder if he will play? We will see meanwhile I gotta feeling that Dartmouth needs a QB recruit or two at least we have "Bo" and hopefully he is a 10

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: relax

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:44:53 01/18/18 Thu

Air Force is probably a school that doesn't care about pissing off Dartmouth (or anyone).

That being said, like holtsledge and Bill, I'm fine with anyone who decides to serve his/her country. Best of luck to him!

[> [> Subject: Re: "Doc" Bonner commits to Airforce

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:07:31 01/18/18 Thu

Maybe he just didn't want the liberal ivy/Dartmouth environment so famously epitomized by Holtsie.

[> [> [> Subject: "Doc" Bonner Article in Washington Post...

Author:
Jack Hatfield
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:48:18 01/18/18 Thu

It's a longish article, but there are some very interesting tidbits:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/sports/high-school-football-in-america/?utm_term=.4c78d4384977

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: "Doc" Bonner Article in Washington Post...

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:20:43 01/19/18 Fri

Reading that article, it's not hard to understand why he might prefer status as a paid student at USAFA, versus being on the edge financially for four years at an ivy school, among other possible motivations.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Total speculation

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:06:03 01/19/18 Fri

The Post also mentioned that he will be spending a year at Air Force's prep academy.

Dartmouth was his only Ivy offer. Possible (although total speculation on my part) that his grades dipped this past semester and his Dartmouth admission was in jeopardy...

In any event, best of luck to him as he serves our country.

[> [> [> Subject: Let "Doc" Bonner bask in Holtsie's Gatsby-esque aura, and...

Author:
The Color of Money
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:23:27 01/18/18 Thu

...he'll regret his decommittment in short order...

[> [> [> Subject: eh

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:39:01 01/18/18 Thu

give the kid a break, if I had an appointment to a service academy I would have taken it in a heart beat even though I am die hard progressive total Bernie Sanders supporter

Plus if he doesn't like the regimented lifestyle he can always transfer back to Dartmouth

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.