VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Dartmouth takes Harvard to OT. Harvard wins.

Author:
Diogenes
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:45:39 01/20/18 Sat

Dartmouth, down by 17 in the second half, came back and forced OT. Dartmouth's freshmen and sophomores played tough. It will be interesting to see how both teams fare against the rest of the League.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Dartmouth takes Harvard to OT. Harvard wins.

Author:
GreenIvy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:12:38 01/20/18 Sat

Dartmouth had the loose ball after a steal up 2 with 5 seconds and 23 count have called a TO or got a jump ball and D would have had alternate possession. Instead he flipped it in air and H player caught it and passed it to the star of game Townes and inexplicably got fouled. Made both FTs to force OT. I believe that was Dartmouth only lead of game. They need to make Barry the shooting guard

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: That was the game.

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:31:51 01/21/18 Sun

I had a hunch that we were ultimately going to lose after that play...

Author:
Green fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:18:11 01/21/18 Sun

First half was awful basketball with both teams playing poorly. Dartmouth looked liked it was going to get blown out and Harvard with the exception of Townes couldn’t make a shot either. Second half Harvard started strong but went ice cold. Dartmouth lead by Chris Knight got the team going. He played a good game all around. Glad to see McLaughlin start him but inexplicably took him out during some critical times. Barry was outplayed and shot 3 for 13. His lack of speed is an issue at point and good defensive teams shit him down. He needs to be a spot up shooting guard and we still need to find a point guard. Miles Wright didn’t score and was a non factor throughout the game. The great disappearing act. Taylor Johnson played hard and willed us back in the game. There were some encouraging moments with our young class but we are missing guards who can defend on the ball. Harvard was not good tonight and escap d with a win. Townes was the best player on the court followed by Knight.

Author:
John Harvard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:04 01/21/18 Sun

Dartmouth played a heck of a second half - twice.
15-0 and 16-3 runs starting about 5 minutes into the second half each game against Harvard.

The ghosts of Justin Sears and the final 5 seconds at Leedes game back to bite Dartmouth this time - to the continuing benefit of the Crimson.

Someone has to tell your former coach/announcer that the microphone is still on when they go to break. In the first half he muttered that Harvard's defense was killing 'us' and in the second half he stated that Dartmouth was about to get 'blown out.' I guess it could have been worse, but there was no Billy Bush around to goad him further.

Sadly for Dartmouth, if Boudreaux plays while Byrce Aiken does not, Dartmouth is 2-0.

[> [> Subject: Re: hot mic, of to commercial

Author:
GreenIvy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:06:17 01/21/18 Sun

The announcer thought they were at commercial when he said that Dartmouth is going to get blown out. To his credit he did admit after the comeback that he gave up on them. and if D can find someone to bring up the ball, Barry would be deadly on the wings. But he clearly was exhausted trying to create and get open shots for himself.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: hot mic, of to commercial

Author:
John Harvard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:58:48 01/21/18 Sun

There wasn’t a PG on the court for either team. Really showed at times. Some ugly stretches.

[> [> [> Subject: My Two Cents FWIW

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:25:13 01/22/18 Mon

Agree that Barry should be a shooting guard but then who brings up the ball and sets the offense? What about Rai or Letoa. Barry plays hard but his skill set needs to be redeployed to make better use of his talents.

Jackson is a real sleeper. He is tough, a good athlete and needs more playing time so he can learn the game. The raw material is there and should be developed.

Knight and Rai are strong talents who are already mainstays and will only get better. The sky is the limit for both of them. Nourish, develop, respect and motivate them.

Emery and Sistare have great hearts and desire. When someone complained to Lincoln about Grant's drinking, Lincoln replied: "Find out what he drinks and give a bottle to each of my generals". There is always a place for players like Sistare and Emery.

Wright and Johnson are talented but inconsistent seniors. Wright was 0-6 from the field and grabbed 2 rebounds whilst playing 39 minutes against Harvard yesterday. Johnson plays well in spurts but gets wild and careless. Disappearances and inconsistencies can't be tolerated in seniors while talented freshmen and sophomores needing development are riding the pine.

There is real upside in this team and this old alum hopes the players and coaches bring it to fruition.

[> Subject: Brown game

Author:
Green Enthusiast
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:11:28 01/26/18 Fri

Wow another loss and some rally bad basketball. Our team leaders aka miles wright were no shows and we demonstrated some awful coaching once again. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt to McLaughlin laatbyear but we are in the midst of another disaster. We are poorly prepared and poorly coached. Are you kidding Brown is that much better. Just shows that mike Martin can recruit and coach and McLaughlin can’t no mor excuses about work together and work hard. We are a bad team with zero o leadership and not going in the right direction. Harry what have you done?

[> [> Subject: Re: Brown game

Author:
Diogenes (Green Enthusiast)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:13:09 01/27/18 Sat

Jackson had 13 rebounds and 9 points in 17 minutes.

Emery had 18 points and 5 rebounds in 28 minutes.

Knight had 12 points in 25 minutes but only 1 rebound to go with 5 turnovers, 2 blocks and 1 steal.

Barry had 4 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists in 38 minutes.

Wright shot 20% (2 for 10) from the field and had 3 rebounds in 32 minutes.

Johnson had 9 points and 5 rebounds in 32 minutes.

[> [> Subject: Funny

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:16:43 01/27/18 Sat

The Brown fans have the exact opposite take from the game as you did.

http://boards.basketball-u.com/showtopic.php?tid/21047/post/new/#NEW

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Funny

Author:
Green Enthusiast
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:06 01/27/18 Sat

I would feel that way if I were a Brown fan as well. My point is despite the second half heroics we give up giant leads and should have adjusted in the first half. I’ don’t believe Brown is more talented and Dartmouth could have gone inside much earlier based on scouting them better. Brown is a young team and we let them dismantle us in the first half. So yes we can give credit for the comeback but it’s ultimatwly about who wins the game and we aren’t doing that much. 3 Dicision 1 wins to bad teams and one Division 3 team. Our ability to charge back indicates talent but why aren’t we able to play a full game. I would argue we need leadership on the floor which is very inconsistent right now. It’s very frustrating because I do believe the league is wide open but we aren’t positioned to take advantage of that. Our team simply isn’t ready to play when they step on the floor. Is that on the coach? The captains? Our seniors? Maybe all three. Our freshman and sophomores have talent but we don’t seem to be able to pull it together. Kudos to Emery for a great game. Chris Knight and Andrease as well What happened to Wright and Barry? Teams with good guards shut us down and we don’t adjust fast enough. Same story last year

[> [> [> [> Subject: Another perspective

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:42:35 01/27/18 Sat

We are literally two plays away from being 2-1 in league and toasting McLaughlin as a basketball genius.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Another perspective

Author:
Green Enthusiast
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:01:06 01/27/18 Sat

But alas we are not and instead are 0-3. We can cheer the comebacks but the poor first half play and inability to put a full game together is the issue and bottom line. This isn’t coaching genius it’s poor coaching

[> [> Subject: Re: Brown game

Author:
John Harvard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:51:01 01/28/18 Sun

Tighter NCAA transfer rules and Dartmouth could be anywhere from 2-2 to 4-0

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Brown game

Author:
Diogenes (John Harvard)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:29:19 01/28/18 Sun

With Boudreaux, Knight, Rai and Jackson on the floor, and Barry shooting three pointers, Dartmouth would have been formidable indeed. However, even without Boudreaux, they are good, play hard and are getting better every game.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Brown game

Author:
Green Enthusiast
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:40:03 01/28/18 Sun

You are what your record says you are. We could be good but we are not good and we unfortunately can’t put a full game together. That has now been the case for the past 4 contests. I hope we figure it out because we do have talent and the league is not that strong overall this year with opportunities for everyone There is definitely something missing with our team chemistry or desire when we start games. Our defense is still a major problem and a lot of that has to do with effort while on the floor and changing defensive schemes to make up for short comings which is coaching reads. Glad to see our freshman contribute

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Brown game

Author:
Diogenes (Green Enthusiast)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:43:48 01/28/18 Sun

Our guys have not given up on themselves. They are getting better every game. I see more good things happening. Knight, Jackson, Rai, Emery, Sistare, Johnson and Barry---good guys and good players. Go for it! Wright's repeated "disappearances" are unacceptable and he should be permanently "disappeared".

[> [> [> Subject: Miles and Miles

Author:
Greenhorn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:56:11 01/29/18 Mon

Worth noting that Wright now routinely draws the opposition's best defender. Used to be that when teams collapsed on Boudreaux, he'd get open looks from 3 and uncontested buckets. No more.

He still brings it on D every game, and has improved statistically across the board.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Miles and Miles

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:48:49 01/29/18 Mon

If I'm reading the Dartmouth website correctly, Wright is 14 of 39 from the floor in the four Ivy games thus far played (Harvard, Harvard, Brown and Yale). He bageled the second Harvard game.

It also appears that he's playing almost the whole game.

I haven't focused on his D and therefore have no reason to doubt what you said. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll pay attention to his D next Friday and Saturday..

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Miles and Miles

Author:
Green Enthusiast
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:55:25 01/29/18 Mon

While Miles has some good defensive games he does not play good defense the entire game. He should be a lock down defender but he picks and chooses when he wants to play hard. He disappears and isn’t reliable yet plays major minutes. It’s not a new issue and has been the story of his career. Miles could be an outstanding defender but it’s apotty. Yes I agree there’s been some improvement but not enough for a senior in my humble opinion.

[> Subject: Cornell 86-Dartmouth 85. Cornell coach said Dartmouth deserved to win

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:11:34 02/02/18 Fri

The Cornell coach was both gracious and correct. Dartmouth played hard. Johnson was inspirational, as was Jackson. Emery and Sistare played their guts out. Wright scored his 1,000th point, Barry and Rai did their jobs well.

An excellent effort, tough loss. This team is on the move and playing hard.

I didn't see Knight on the bench or in the game. Perhaps he's hurt or had to stay behind for a test, or can't miss lab or some such. Does anyone know anything?

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.