VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Princeton "Commit"

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:49:24 01/26/18 Fri
In reply to: ivyleaguer 's message, "Princeton "Commit"" on 09:43:21 01/26/18 Fri

My first question would be very simple: Whom did you offer at QB before you got to me? If they said nobody, I’d fall on the floor laughing and leave.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Princeton "Commit"

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:26:01 01/26/18 Fri

Yup.

This is what happened. Saban has come to the conclusion that Jalen Hurts is a real risk to transfer out from Alabama. He, his offensive coordinator and quarterback coach took out their list of QB prospects and put each candidate into a two-by-two matrix, with the vertical axis being quality of prospect and horizontal axis being likelihood of inducing the player to decommit from his Signing Day school.

There in the upper right-hand corner of the matrix is young Mr. White, a four-star prospect who committed to a program that Nick Saban -- who can lure studs from Louisiana away from LSU and speedsters from Florida away from the Canes, Gators and Noles -- is absolutely confident he can outmaneuver for a last-minute 2018 recruit.

Bob Surace just had his prom date receive a call from Brad Pitt.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Princeton "Commit"

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:22:40 01/26/18 Fri

I hope the kid or his parents come to their senses and realize that Princeton is a honor that most people can only dream about

Surace is a stand up guy. I emailed him a note congratulating him for doing a nice job profiling all his seniors and he got back to me in a half hour

[> [> Subject: Re: Princeton "Commit"

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:56:08 01/26/18 Fri

It’s a huge credit to White that he has this astonishing choice to make, and if his accomplishments don’t prepare him for it, nobody’s would. Which should probably concern Saban even if he “wins”.

BTW my spellcheck just substituted “Satan” for “Saban”. Hmmmmm....

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Princeton "Commit"

Author:
M3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:48:51 01/26/18 Fri

Guy has an amazing choice here that is seldom if ever seen but philosophically is a little whipsawed.

BIG time college football vs World Class education.

Why not go to Stanford/Duke/Northwestern and get both?

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Princeton "Commit"

Author:
Tiger81
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:27:41 01/27/18 Sat

Duke and Northwestern may not be perceived as being as academically elite as Stanford or Princeton and White probably has a better shot at eventually playing at Bama than Stanford, which has 4 QBs on their team: redshirt sophomore and starter KJ Costello, his backup and former starter Keller Chryst (who is expected to transfer), redshirt freshman David Mills, one of the top QB recruits from last year, and a recruit who picked Stanford over Bama and is expected to redshirt (Jack Webb).

The allure of Alabama is that there is one (really good) QB on the roster and another who was not a big recruit and may transfer and no other 2018 QBs, along with the Crimson Tide mystique, resources and potential to play for national championships for 4-5 years. But at Bama White would be looking over his shoulder throughout his career for the next phenom QB recruit to displace him on the depth chart. And Alabama does not have a track record of being “QB U” when it comes to the NFL.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Princeton "Commit"

Author:
jerrylh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:01:32 01/27/18 Sat

Have googled him and read his quotes. This kid really has his head on straight. I think that any of us would be interested to hear what Saban has to say. Alabama has said that if he committed this weekend, he could start classes on Monday and they would send for his clothes. Would be very surprised if he committed to Alabama this weekend (he doesn't appear to be impulsive). Should be very interesting.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Princeton "Commit"

Author:
sparman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:14:01 01/27/18 Sat

It's not just who is on the team now, it's next year's and the year after's recruits. Current freshman phenom was brought in on top of a 4-star player (Hurts), and so on. Also he could be redshirted like so many players.

As you say interesting to watch, not a recruiting battle we're used to seeing play out. Saban doesn't lose many contests he really wants to win.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.