VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Harvard 52, Yale 50 - in New Haven

Author:
An Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:15:36 01/27/18 Sat
In reply to: joiseyfan 's message, "Re: Harvard 52, Yale 50 - in New Haven" on 13:00:55 01/27/18 Sat

Sparman is right.

I don't want to restart the conversation about whether the conference should hold a tournament as I think we've covered that ground before.

But the effect is as predicted. The regular season is simply less dramatic. I watched last night's Y-H game on DVR delay. The game ran slightly long and the DVR file ended with sixteen seconds left and Harvard leading by three. Normally, that would be infuriating. Last night, it was just mildly annoying because, let's face it, any single regular season game simply doesn't matter that much.

If the players and coaches want the tournament, who are we fans to stop them? But for the fans, we've replaced 14 critical games with something much more watered down.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Another perspective

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:49:05 01/27/18 Sat

Going into the final weekend of regular season play last year, every team except for Cornell was still alive for the tournament.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.