VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Brevin White

Author:
Ivy Patriot
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:00:25 01/30/18 Tue
In reply to: IvySportsJunkie 's message, "Re: Brevin White" on 16:30:16 01/30/18 Tue

"the chances of getting into a top MBA program, let being able to attend Stanford GSB, coming from Alabama is extremely remote to say the least."

I rather suspect that if you graduate as a QB with a top GPA from Alabama (with a Princeton acceptance in your back pocket) you'll have no problem finding a high-ranking Bama grad on Wall Street who would jump as the chance to bring you into his/her company. Likewise, I think that in building a strong class there are top MBA schools that would welcome an individual with that diverse a background into the fold.

I'll grant you that the average Alabama grad with borderline credentials might struggle to find a spot in a top MBA program, but you are deceiving yourself if you think a Crimson Tide QB with strong academics and connections in finance can't land at one of the top business schools in the country.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Brevin White

Author:
IvySportsJunkie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:39:28 01/30/18 Tue

It is true that top MBA schools like to admit elite athletes (Olympians, all league performers, team captain, etc.) with strong GPAs and GMATs.

What is different is Ivy League athletes who see very limited playing time do not have a disadvantage getting in top MBA programs or elite jobs. I know a ton of Ivies athletes who did not excel in college, but who flourished post-graduation. If you do not play much at a school like Bama, your opportunities post-graduation simply are not as promising. This does not mean if Brevin is a backup player at Bama that he would not find a good job, it simply means it is much, much harder than coming from the Ivies or a Stanford, Duke, Northwestern type program.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.