VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Brevin White

Author:
TigerFan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:15:09 01/31/18 Wed
In reply to: M3 's message, "Brevin White" on 12:28:48 01/30/18 Tue

Or there's the other option. I went to Alabama, but wrecked my knee, so I didn't play football and I have an Alabama degree, but it only took me three years. And a lot of the guys I was supposed to play with weren't there at the end anyway.

The bonds that are built during 4 years at an Ivy League school, particularly if you are an athlete, are pretty unique. It's hard to appreciate that as a high schooler.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Brevin White

Author:
RTR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:42:59 01/31/18 Wed

I have a son that played dootball at Princeton and had a PWO offer at Bama (he would have likely started at long snapper at some point), and another son who went to Alabama as a student, but he knew lots of the FB players. Many had ivy offers
If you think you can play nfl football, and /or you want to challenge yourself to play at the highest level, it’s a no brainer. In mynexperi Nice, kids who have SEC or similar offers but chose IL don’t LOVE football like the SEC kids do. The IL have options, and a bright future ahead of themselves. The SEC type player firmly believes they are going to the NFL, esp if they sign with Alabama. Many quickly realize they can’t compete and transfer, others work hard and hope to get one year of playing time (which will get you an nfl look, if not as a draft pick as a UFA). Some use the benefits of FB to get a job, but it carries less far than you’d expect.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.