VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Brevin White

Author:
O&B
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:08:26 01/31/18 Wed
In reply to: M3 's message, "Brevin White" on 12:28:48 01/30/18 Tue

He has to consider this. The last five years of QB commits at Alabama
2017 Tua Tagovailoa rating .98 5*
2016 Jalen Hurts rating .92 4*
2015 Blake Barnett rating .98 5*
2014 David Cornwell rating .92 4*
2013 Cooper Bateman rating .96 4*

Brevin White rating .89 4 *

Every year a new 5* or highly rated 4* coming in to the fold.
Better off at Princeton

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Brevin White

Author:
Ivy Patriot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:11:27 01/31/18 Wed

GUARANTEED his rating goes up if he commits to Alabama. Ratings for top kids who commit to the Ivy League often go down.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Brevin White

Author:
jerrylh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:47:09 01/31/18 Wed

I am sure that he is aware that if he goes to Alabama, there is a decent chance that he never sees the field. First of all Tua Tagovailoa is the heir apparent for the next two years. Then he will have to beat out the 5 stars behind him. If he is not certain to play, I just don't understand the reason (unless it is money) to go to Alabama. If he wants to go to Wall Street, an Ivy degree is the way to get there.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Brevin White

Author:
RTR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:05:34 01/31/18 Wed

Tua s brother, a rising HS junior, is also in the que. absolute stud QB

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:48:20 01/31/18 Wed

Following up on the insightful comments of RTR and O&B, this was not uniformly true throughout my career, but there was at least one occasion when I had more than one prospective employer bidding on my services.

Of course, each company recruiter wanted to put me in touch with the current corporate superstars to discuss the great opportunities there. After I had those conversations, which were predictably effusive in praise, I asked to speak to a few ex-employees who had recently left on their own accord.

Pursuant to RTR's post, if I were young Mr. White, I would ask Coach Saban for permission to speak with Blake Barnett, David Cornwell and Cooper Bateman.

Author:
Bulldog Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:01:12 01/31/18 Wed

Very well put. He should explore what has happened to these unknown QBs and why. Having a Brevin White in the Ivy League should boost the prestige and competitiveness of the league (and lead to the Playoffs?). I say this as a Yale fan who may end up regretting my support.

Author:
M3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:05:41 01/31/18 Wed

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/01/where_things_stand_in_rare_ala.html

Can Jason Garrett give this kid a call.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Ask And Ye Shall Receive: Interview With Alabama QB Benchwarmer

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:07:13 01/31/18 Wed

Following up on my own post of earlier this evening, it turns out that Brevin White does not need to call Blake Barnett, David Cornwell or Cooper Bateman.

On the same AL.com website that M3 linked to, there is an interview with Luke Del Rio (son of Jack), who was a walk-on arriving in the same class as Cooper Bateman.

Del Rio is quite bitter. He believes that he beat out the scholarship players, but did not get more reps in practice because scholarship guys got priority over walk-ons. He felt that he deserved a scholarship as well but Saban told him, "We can't have six quarterbacks on scholarship."

Del Rio transferred to Oregon State, which was still holding the scholarship they originally offered in high school, as did Oklahoma State and Colorado State (coached by Jim McElwain).

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/11/candid_ex-alabama_qb_explains.html

So that's what it feels like to be a benchwarmer for Nick Saban.

Also, read the comments from the Alabama fans in the comments section. One guy says that Brevin White should attend Alabama over Princeton because he "could might win a Heisman Trophy."

I once sat next to a former Miss Teen Arkansas USA on a flight out of Des Moines and ended up dating her for a year. Lovely blonde beauty with legs that went on forever. Today, she is an eye surgeon in Little Rock. Didn't see that one coming, right?

An engineering major, she was obviously a very bright gal, but she regularly used the words "might can" to indicate that someone might be able to do something. Yes, that's really the way they talk down there. It was jarring every time she said it. I'm not sure Brevin White could stand hearing that for five years unless the speaker is a beauty pageant winner (which of course Alabama has plenty of, too).

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: How walk-ons get screwed

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:06:47 02/01/18 Thu

A guy at USC (who probably should have gone Ivy) wrote about his experiences.

https://www.amazon.com/Walk-Shocking-Behind-Footballs-Underdogs-ebook/dp/B00GUO85X4

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Ask And Ye Shall Receive: Interview With Alabama QB Benchwarmer

Author:
RTR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:33:35 02/01/18 Thu

I know several walk ones at Alabama. Most just wanted to be part of the team, happy to do scout team and get the perks - free tutors, great food, great free clothes, and good seats for their family at home games. Saban appreciates them, and I’ve taught several in MED school. But way more are like del rio. Football at Alabama and in Alabama is a multi billion $ business. The players are parts.

Author:
Bulldogs1234
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:15:42 02/01/18 Thu

Y'all are missing the big picture. Bama's numerous and luscious sorority girls are always enamored with their football players and absolutely love showing their gratitude to their national champions.

So grade deflation with a bunch of sour feminists in central New Jersey or a taste of fine Southern hospitality with the greatest college football team on the planet for four years?

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:04:53 02/01/18 Thu

The reigning Miss America went to Brown.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Score: Brown 1, Alabama (many)

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:02:43 02/01/18 Thu

I wasn't aware he was considering Brown as an alternative.

But to paraphrase Mav, I doubt Brown offers the target rich environment that Alabama does.
http://www.rolltide.com/sports/2016/6/10/sports-c-cheer-spec-rel-cheer-info-html.aspx

Plus, Alabama probably does not as many consent forms to be filled out and countersigned.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Score: Brown 1, Alabama (many)

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:33:42 02/01/18 Thu

I won't bother doing it, but I'm sure I could do some searches for Princeton women who have absolute nothing to apologize for in the attractiveness department.

Is the average UA student better looking than the average PU student? Most likely. But the Princeton QB really should not have a problem finding attractive dates on campus...

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Unfortunately Cal

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:44:29 02/01/18 Thu

the one in the fifth row on the left is probably more my speed now

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: You never know

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:53:39 02/01/18 Thu

Maybe if you circulated information about your Florida estate and leisurely life, your fortunes would be different than you think.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Could be worse...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:55:21 02/01/18 Thu

Could be the one sitting in front at the bottom.

:)

Author:
jerrylh (+)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:08:37 02/01/18 Thu

Not only attractive, but brainy as well.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Brevin White

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:28:10 02/01/18 Thu

I'm sure both of them are very nice and wonderful people, too, who will have great careers.

In all seriousness, I think we all would be very proud if an ivy path awaited our daughters and we respect the accomplishments of our fellow alums. But we don't have to ignore some of the demographic and numerical differences from, say, an Alabama, that might appeal to an 18 or 19 year old, the way they did to most of us at that age.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Brevin White

Author:
IvySportsJunkie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:47:12 02/01/18 Thu

Calvin, I do agree that we should be proud of the accomplishments of all our Ivy students.

That said, many of us were not so brainy as 18 and 19 year olds when it came to who we were attracted to. Fortunately, we wised up over time. In may case, I clearly out kicked my coverage by marrying one of those brainy coeds.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Sounds good

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:39:18 02/01/18 Thu

and I trust the play will not be under review any time soon.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.