VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Brevin White

Author:
Bulldog Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:01:12 01/31/18 Wed
In reply to: An Observer 's message, "Re: Brevin White" on 20:48:20 01/31/18 Wed

Very well put. He should explore what has happened to these unknown QBs and why. Having a Brevin White in the Ivy League should boost the prestige and competitiveness of the league (and lead to the Playoffs?). I say this as a Yale fan who may end up regretting my support.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Brevin White

Author:
M3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:05:41 01/31/18 Wed

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/01/where_things_stand_in_rare_ala.html

Can Jason Garrett give this kid a call.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Ask And Ye Shall Receive: Interview With Alabama QB Benchwarmer

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:07:13 01/31/18 Wed

Following up on my own post of earlier this evening, it turns out that Brevin White does not need to call Blake Barnett, David Cornwell or Cooper Bateman.

On the same AL.com website that M3 linked to, there is an interview with Luke Del Rio (son of Jack), who was a walk-on arriving in the same class as Cooper Bateman.

Del Rio is quite bitter. He believes that he beat out the scholarship players, but did not get more reps in practice because scholarship guys got priority over walk-ons. He felt that he deserved a scholarship as well but Saban told him, "We can't have six quarterbacks on scholarship."

Del Rio transferred to Oregon State, which was still holding the scholarship they originally offered in high school, as did Oklahoma State and Colorado State (coached by Jim McElwain).

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/11/candid_ex-alabama_qb_explains.html

So that's what it feels like to be a benchwarmer for Nick Saban.

Also, read the comments from the Alabama fans in the comments section. One guy says that Brevin White should attend Alabama over Princeton because he "could might win a Heisman Trophy."

I once sat next to a former Miss Teen Arkansas USA on a flight out of Des Moines and ended up dating her for a year. Lovely blonde beauty with legs that went on forever. Today, she is an eye surgeon in Little Rock. Didn't see that one coming, right?

An engineering major, she was obviously a very bright gal, but she regularly used the words "might can" to indicate that someone might be able to do something. Yes, that's really the way they talk down there. It was jarring every time she said it. I'm not sure Brevin White could stand hearing that for five years unless the speaker is a beauty pageant winner (which of course Alabama has plenty of, too).

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: How walk-ons get screwed

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:06:47 02/01/18 Thu

A guy at USC (who probably should have gone Ivy) wrote about his experiences.

https://www.amazon.com/Walk-Shocking-Behind-Footballs-Underdogs-ebook/dp/B00GUO85X4

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Ask And Ye Shall Receive: Interview With Alabama QB Benchwarmer

Author:
RTR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:33:35 02/01/18 Thu

I know several walk ones at Alabama. Most just wanted to be part of the team, happy to do scout team and get the perks - free tutors, great food, great free clothes, and good seats for their family at home games. Saban appreciates them, and I’ve taught several in MED school. But way more are like del rio. Football at Alabama and in Alabama is a multi billion $ business. The players are parts.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.