VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Football Schedule 2018

Author:
TigerFan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:06:49 02/02/18 Fri

Went back to see if there were prior threads on this and didn't see any. Tigers are getting hosed - Harvard and Yale games with be either both away, or both at home, for the foreseeable future. Last game of the year is now Penn, instead of Dartmouth. Something about geographic proximity for the last game....well, if that was the real excuse, Harvard would play Brown, and not Yale in the last game.
Let's get fired up for homecoming against Brown! That will bring the crowds back.....

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Football Schedule 2018

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:08:01 02/02/18 Fri

This was discussed at some point. A shame that this Board doesn't have better search features.

Short version-- Even setting aside the football competitiveness of playing both H&Y home or away every year, people at Princeton are angry that many festivities surrounding games against H & Y will now happen biennially and close together instead of once a year.

With respect to the season finale, people at Princeton seemed mixed about closing against Penn. However, Penn people unanimously love it, and Dartmouth people unanimously hate it.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: count me in

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:15:22 02/02/18 Fri

as one of the haters. I would always go to Hanover for the end of season Princeton game no matter what the weather.

For Brown? nah I will too but until they become more competitive it doesn't have the same season ending drama. There are numerous times when the real "The Game" not the phony H vs Y game has had a dramatic impact on the Ivy title. Last's years game was one of the most exciting games at any level that I had ever seen. It also set an NCAA record that will never be broken 2 tds in one second. I am pretty confident that will stand forever.

Oh well at least we now know that Brevin "Whizzer" White made the right decision. I am sure the Wall Street Princeton guys have already chartered jets for his parents to see him play (kidding)

Cheers Bengal, M3 and Sparman you guys have to be happy tonight

[> [> [> Subject: Re: count me in

Author:
sparman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:43:36 02/03/18 Sat

Very good and somewhat surprising news, although we have to see it translate to the field. I read somewhere that Surace arranged for calls from various well-placed alums, which probably put the "Alabama has business contacts too" narrative in its place.

I imagine his HS coach, who kept pushing Alabama, won't be placing many players with PU in the future.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Isn't that illegal?

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:06:09 02/03/18 Sat

Been a while since I looked at the NCAA rule book, but pretty sure that boosters can't contact recruits until after they matriculate.

I think Princeton should turn itself in and impose self-sanctions. We will see if the NCAA agrees...

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Isn't that illegal?

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:21:23 02/03/18 Sat

you know I was just thinking the same thing, every year I get a letter (because I donate to a few sports teams) stating that I am not allowed to have any contact with kids

pretty hard to prove though just like when I slip the envelopes stuffed with cash to the players after them game at the FOF tent LOL

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Isn't that illegal?

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:22:23 02/03/18 Sat

I can honestly say I have never been slipped envelopes. Nor do I know anyone who has.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: was kidding

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:03:57 02/03/18 Sat

I hope you knew that

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I must have misread it

Author:
sparman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:50:15 02/03/18 Sat

Or - maybe it was speculation on an Alabama fan board, where they don't see anything wrong with it.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: We need Asia on this

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:22:16 02/03/18 Sat

There was a time when a Cornell guy was mouthing off on the old Rivals Board about his contact with recruits' parents.

Asia alerted the Cornell authorities. A day or two later, there was a big banner on the Cornell Board warning fans not to have contact with recruits.

Asia should investigate whether Princeton engaged in improprieties here.

Author:
Ivy Patriot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:13 02/05/18 Mon

"Asia should investigate whether Princeton engaged in improprieties here."

I think (or at least hope) you are kidding. A kid like that coming to the Ivy League is good for everyone - a rising tide and all that. Chase him because of a minor issue and we all (the Ivy League) are the poorer for it.

Author:
TigerTown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:21:21 02/06/18 Tue

The alum contact rules changed this year. Alums allowed at recruiting weekends to interact with players and parents.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.