VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Dartmouth vs cornell

Author:
Green Enthusiast
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:41:06 02/03/18 Sat

Another tough loss last night by the men. I thought we had this one won and we just couldn’t hold on in the last minute. What’s tough to watch is our bad decision making down the stretch. Why is Taylor Johnson making a pass to Wright instead of holding the hall in the last few seconds. Terrible judgement for a senior. I wondered why knight wasn’t on the floor yesterday? Jackson had a good game. Barry has been shut down in Ivy play and just had 3 points. Cornell’s defense wasn’t very good all night and we should have beaten them but our defense is pretty awful too.

On the bright side the women played really well and easily beat Cornell. They are putting together a nice eaeason and have a real shot at the top 4 for the tournament. The team is playing unselfish and hard. Great to see them back in the mix and doing well.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Dartmouth vs cornell

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:52:40 02/03/18 Sat

The women are much improved and so are the men. The difference is that the women have the winning confidence. The men are vastly improved, playing hard and will get there. Jackson demonstrated an excellent shooting touch against Cornell. Emery and Sistare are improving every game and playing tough. Emery's slammer was a galvanizing thing of beauty. Go Green, Beat Columbia.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Green enthusuast
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:13:46 02/03/18 Sat

I love your optimism about the men. I hope we beat Columbia too. It may be confidence down the stretch, or bad decision making which btw was what happened last night with not just the pass but the steal right before that by Cornell. Cornell isn’t very good defensively. Kempom now has us at 300 so I don’t think we can say we are getting any better. Our record says we are bottom of the league.

[> [> Subject: Re: Dartmouth vs cornell

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:01:30 02/03/18 Sat

The women just dropped 88 points on Columbia’s a few minutes ago and are 4-2 Ivy. They’re lively and confident. The men are moving in that direction. Let’s see what happens.

[> [> [> Subject: Another buck short

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:05:35 02/03/18 Sat

Three points from the bench...

Not hard to wonder how we'd be doing if we had the guys who reported to camp...

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Another buck short

Author:
CU_88
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:09:55 02/03/18 Sat

You managed to stop CU losing streak in games decided by under 6 points at 7. We were due to win a close game.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Any word on Knight?

Author:
Diogenes (Go Green)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:24:39 02/03/18 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Any word on Knight?

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:01:45 02/04/18 Sun

A guy on the Ivy BB board said he was sick this weekend.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Any word on Knight?

Author:
Diogenes (Go Green)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:08:35 02/04/18 Sun

Whew. Thanks. Was afraid of injury. Porcelain, chicken soup, hydrate, sleep like a bear. Rinse and repeat.

Am really excited about three and a half more years of Jackson and Knight.

Twin Towers. Going to be a lot of fun for them and for us.

[> [> [> Subject: Down by one with 4 second to go, D loses to Lions by 3.

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:13:48 02/03/18 Sat

After an awful first half, Dartmouth comes back from 15 down. At the end, Dartmouth gargles and Columbia pulls it out. Jackson had a great game for Dartmouth. Smith & Meisner locked it up for Columbia.

Dartmouth, led by sophomores and freshmen, fights and never gives up. It's exciting. It will happen. These guys are going somewhere good.

[> [> [> [> Subject: sorry Old Lion

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:37:11 02/04/18 Sun

Wright has Miles to go before he can be considered D's best player especially when Otis Day and the Knights was absent for an undisclosed illness and Boudreaux bailed on his teammates the day before the season started, with both of those guys they might be 4-0. Without Baldy Boudreaux they try hard but just don't have it. Sorry folks but I still think that was a very selfish move that is the epitome of there is no I in team unless it involves me.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I think you meant 4-2

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:28:09 02/05/18 Mon

We have four league losses that could have gone the other way if just one shot had been an inch away.

We also have two 10-point losses. Certainly possible that we win them at full strength, but not as convincing as the other four.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: sorry Old Lion

Author:
New York Gamer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:00:25 02/06/18 Tue

Given the way Dartmouth is playing I think Boudreaux is the big winner here. He gets to play for a top ranked national team next year and not a perennial basement dweller while playing in the Big East one of the most competitive leagues in the country. Funny coaches can come and go but not players. Are the Ivies that special that even though they don’t give scholarships you’re indebted to them. It seems to
Me good players expect to play on competitive teams that have good coaches and a commitment to the sport. It’s clear Dartmouth has a disfunctional program and a coach who is inexperienced and can’t get his team ready to play a full game. It seems obvious to me as an outside observer why he left given his talent.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yep

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:45:33 02/06/18 Tue

Bourdreaux looks absolutely awesome here.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Dartmouth vs cornell

Author:
Old Lion (Seniors)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:18:34 02/03/18 Sat

This game came down to a battle in the final two minutes between the two very good seniors, Wright and Castlin. Wright is easily Dartmouth’s best player. Four years ago Wright beat out Castlin for ROY. Tonight Castlin came up huge in clutch time. Dartmouth was at 52% in three point shooting, but watching it first hand they never seemed to miss.

Author:
Green Enthusiast
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:02:27 02/04/18 Sun

Another game where we play poorly in the first half then roar back. Jackson was the best Dartmouth player on the floor. Columbia had more players who stepped up Castlin out played Wright down the stretch so kudos to him and Smith for hitting the clutch basket. The odds say Dartmouth will win one of these close ones but we just don’t have the clutch player we need to close these out. It’s all about our D and limiting turnovers in the final minute and we can’t seem to get that done.

The women are really fun to watch right now. Kudos to the coaching staff and the team for some great team play.

[> Subject: 4-15, 0-6

Author:
George
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:15:43 02/05/18 Mon

We are what our record says we are. Period. All the comments about how good we are despite the record and how close we were in this game or that, make us look like a bunch of snowflakes.

In reality, we are in the cellar and we have lost 9 straight. We are 3-15 vs. D1 teams, and all the Ws are against teams ranked well below 300.

The musings about how close we are or how good we will be in the future only serve to lower the bar. The time is NOW to make a major improvement from a win-loss standpoint because our talent has done nothing but improve since 2010. No excuses. We should be well ahead of where we are.

[> [> Subject: Dartmouth would be 6-0 Ivy if Boudreaux had not bailed out

Author:
Diogenes (George)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:34:38 02/05/18 Mon

When the best player in the Ivies decides to bail a few days before the first game, it doesn't help things. Nonetheless, these young men are playing hard and getting better every week.

The remaining schedule has six home games and two road games. The wins are coming. The tournament is within reach.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Dartmouth would be 6-0 Ivy if Boudreaux had not bailed out

Author:
Green Enthusiast
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:43:26 02/06/18 Tue

I agree Dartmouth is capable but you need to ask why we aren’t winning. I guess we can claim a moral victory by coming back and making it close. Hmm that only works in horseshoes. We start poorly most games and then chargeback. We make critical errors down the stretch and mostly those are our seniors so you can’t even say it’s our freshman. They may be playing hard but they are not playing smart and we don’t look prepared when we start the game. Who is that on? The coaches? The players? The senior leaders? Well coached teams find a way to win some of the close games and don’t give up 5 point leads with a minute to go. Barry is wearing down in conference play. It’s obvious that he can’t run point the entire game and still be a productive scorer as defenders key on him. We relay on the three which was ok to begin the season but ihas let us down. We have food inside players with Wmwry, Knight and Jackson why not mix it up and pins the ball inside on smaller teams. I would do that to Princeton that struggles Witt interior defense
The Ivies aren’t dominating this year which makes our start even worse than last year. We have odd substitution patterns and don’t have our best guys on the court always when it counts. Wright plays a lot of minutes and is unreliable but McLaughlin keeps him on the floor. Our defense is our biggest issue and a reason we can’t make stops to close out games. I

[> [> Subject: "The time is NOW to make a major improvement frmo a win-loss standpoint"

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:54:50 02/05/18 Mon

I'm going to guess that you have no idea who we play this coming weekend....

[> [> [> Subject: Penn? The team that beat Brown 95-90.

Author:
Diogenes (Go Green)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:27:54 02/05/18 Mon

Brown beat Dartmouth on a last second cast-off at the buzzer.

These Ivy teams are not the "Monsters of the Midway". Dartmouth is capable of beating any of them. Just do it!!

[> [> [> [> Subject: That's easier said than done

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:30:34 02/06/18 Tue

Penn and Princeton are a combined 8-2 in league play.

Watch them tonight and let us know what scouting report you'd give to McLaughlin.

[> Subject: Re: Despite record Cornell basketball is improving!

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:27:14 02/06/18 Tue

Cornell basketball is not exactly ready for a return to the NCAA's like back in 2008-2010. However, I do think the team is playing better under second year Coach Brian Earl. I watched the Cornell vs. Harvard game (while also watching the hockey game) on Saturday night and the Big Red nearly beat Harvard. Still a year or two away, but Cornell's play and talent level are getting better despite the 8-11 record.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.