VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Maryland to introduce bill to ban tackle football under age 14

Author:
Sprint66
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:19:15 02/06/18 Tue
In reply to: Penn Nation 's message, "Maryland to introduce bill to ban tackle football under age 14" on 14:28:53 02/05/18 Mon

Growing up I played both flag football until age 10 then I played Pop Warner football until age 13. I also coached Pop Warner football for several years as well. One of the things I really liked about flag football is we concentrated on the fundamentals of the game like foot work for blocking, passing, and catching the football. When I coached Pop Warner we rarely passed in games. When I was playing flag football I actually caught the ball quite a bit, but then when I played tackle football I never caught the ball because I was not a wide receiver. I grew up in a football town where the game was by far the favorite sport. Today my same home town can barely field a varsity team and the school is considering joining up with another high school so they field a full team. So I think Flag Football could actually help us grow the sport.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.